Guys see if you can shed some light here

scott47429

Threads
ok i can do that but i do have another question is the wind vain supposed to pull the choke open once the engine starts and the wind from the flywheel holds the choke open till the thermostat gets warm enough to hole the choke open cause if its supposed to work that way its not but yet the arm moves easily do you have a picture of how its supposed to go thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The thermostat pushes the air vane opening the choke. It may move freely when cold, but as soon as the engine starts heat from the exhaust expands the wax in the thermostat forcing the air vane movement and opening the choke.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can he not take off the thermostat from the other engine just to try it...? if bad replace it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's one way to diaganois the problem, I would give it a try, just make sure it is cold to start test.

scott47429

Threads
yeah thats my next step I'm going to try is swap out the thermostats thanks guys

scott47429

Threads
ok up date on the choke problem it was the arm that goes over to the choke thermostat it was to tight and was dragging on the coil put another arm on and its fixed thanks for all the help guys

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
great well done :thumbsup: