Gun Background checks

Are you for Gun Background Checks

• Total voters

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Second Amendment does not have a clause for a background check. Every one of the guys that signed the documents associated with our nation would have failed a background check because they would have been labeled something by Liberals.

Good thing that was written in the 21st century

LawnBoy97

Threads
Good thing that was written in the 21st century

I read through some of this, and I keep seeing how people say it is so easy to get a gun at a gun show. Maybe those should have higher restrictions, since as all of you say, that is where the criminals get their guns. It is one thing to have a gun and hunt, or just target practice and stuff, but that doesn't mean that you need tons of ammo, and military grade weapons. That recent massacre at the movie theater could have been lessened if the maniac didn't have such a high amount of ammo, and hardly had to reload. When are you gonna have to fire off 10 or 20 15-round magazines? It only takes a couple of shots to kill a deer, if that.

Think about how long it takes to get a license, or even a passport, and then, as all of you are saying, you can just walk into a gun show and pick up a weapon. It shouldn't be that easy.

I recently had a friend kill himself with a gun, his step dad's gun which he thought was hidden. There should be restrictions, and there should be laws, there just has to be a BALANCE and that's all there is to it.

PIMking

Threads
I read through some of this, and I keep seeing how people say it is so easy to get a gun at a gun show. Maybe those should have higher restrictions, since as all of you say, that is where the criminals get their guns. It is one thing to have a gun and hunt, or just target practice and stuff, but that doesn't mean that you need tons of ammo, and military grade weapons. That recent massacre at the movie theater could have been lessened if the maniac didn't have such a high amount of ammo, and hardly had to reload. When are you gonna have to fire off 10 or 20 15-round magazines? It only takes a couple of shots to kill a deer, if that.

Think about how long it takes to get a license, or even a passport, and then, as all of you are saying, you can just walk into a gun show and pick up a weapon. It shouldn't be that easy.

I recently had a friend kill himself with a gun, his step dad's gun which he thought was hidden. There should be restrictions, and there should be laws, there just has to be a BALANCE and that's all there is to it.

sorry that your friend killed himself with a gun. People kill themselves all the time with guns, and even drugs. Adding more laws isn't going to stop it. The gun show loophole is a joke and a made up theory that isn't true. If you buy a gun from a vendor at a gun show you have to pass a background check as if you were buying one from a gun shop.

Private sales to a felon are illegal, no matter where its done and or who is selling it (unless it's the government). So adding more laws isn't going to fix this. I can say that all my 12 guns must be defective, they've never killed a single person... Only a few Raccoons, pigs, yotes, and deer. I have an ar 15 (which isn't a military rifle as many who try to make you think) its a semi auto rifle, which means it only fires one round per trigger pull like a pistol. In fact it's only like 3% of the gun crime that are done with a "assault rifle"

taking a gun away from those who didn't do anything wrong isn't going to stop the crime. every time there is a drunk driver that kills someone you don't see our politicians screaming to take cars away from those who didn't do the crime. the major problem is that anti gun people don't see a gun as a gun, they see it as a monster that will just go off killing everything around, not realizing that it takes someone to pull that trigger.

The movie theater shooter went by numerous theaters that allowed Concealed carry to go to one that had a "gun free" zone since he knew that he would be shot back at.

LawnBoy97

Threads
sorry that your friend killed himself with a gun. People kill themselves all the time with guns, and even drugs. Adding more laws isn't going to stop it. The gun show loophole is a joke and a made up theory that isn't true. If you buy a gun from a vendor at a gun show you have to pass a background check as if you were buying one from a gun shop.

Private sales to a felon are illegal, no matter where its done and or who is selling it (unless it's the government). So adding more laws isn't going to fix this. I can say that all my 12 guns must be defective, they've never killed a single person... Only a few Raccoons, pigs, yotes, and deer. I have an ar 15 (which isn't a military rifle as many who try to make you think) its a semi auto rifle, which means it only fires one round per trigger pull like a pistol. In fact it's only like 3% of the gun crime that are done with a "assault rifle"

taking a gun away from those who didn't do anything wrong isn't going to stop the crime. every time there is a drunk driver that kills someone you don't see our politicians screaming to take cars away from those who didn't do the crime. the major problem is that anti gun people don't see a gun as a gun, they see it as a monster that will just go off killing everything around, not realizing that it takes someone to pull that trigger.

The movie theater shooter went by numerous theaters that allowed Concealed carry to go to one that had a "gun free" zone since he knew that he would be shot back at.

Okay, thanks for all of the information. I realize what you say about that someone has to be there to pull the trigger, and it all makes sense. So I guess that is where people need to just sit down and come up with a solution. But the thing with the movie theater is that it is wrong to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, but yet you never know if the guy next to you is a crazy guy with a gun in his pocket. I don't know, I don't know all there is to know about guns, and what each side is saying, but I guess I just needed to vent or something.

slimbo

Threads
i say NO,,, a criminal does whatever it takes to get the job done,,,peace luv tye dye

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
There was much that our founding fathers did not agree on: states’ rights versus federal rights, a standing army versus militias, how involved we should be with the international community, the manner in which we managed debt, and many more significant arguments that still rage today. Almost universally, however, they believed in a man’s right to bear arms. A gun is the great equalizer. It protects a man from those who would do him violence. It protects a people from tyranny. It keeps a man free. The quotes on the subject are numerous, but Thomas Jefferson said it most clearly, “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.” They don’t need to. And any government that believes in a free citizenry would never infringe on their right to do so.

As long as there is still a breath in me i will destroy anyone who wishes to harm my family or me. We don't get to chose when a criminal may try and attack us. We may however chose whether we are an unarmed victim or the victor. It is the last thing i would want to reach for but the first thing I'd grab to keep my family safe.

Written in the 21st century has nothing to do with it. The second amendment has been protecting all the amendments since 1776.

If anything the free press needs adjusted

LawnBoy97

Threads
There was much that our founding fathers did not agree on: states’ rights versus federal rights, a standing army versus militias, how involved we should be with the international community, the manner in which we managed debt, and many more significant arguments that still rage today. Almost universally, however, they believed in a man’s right to bear arms. A gun is the great equalizer. It protects a man from those who would do him violence. It protects a people from tyranny. It keeps a man free. The quotes on the subject are numerous, but Thomas Jefferson said it most clearly, “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.” They don’t need to. And any government that believes in a free citizenry would never infringe on their right to do so.

As long as there is still a breath in me i will destroy anyone who wishes to harm my family or me. We don't get to chose when a criminal may try and attack us. We may however chose whether we are an unarmed victim or the victor. It is the last thing i would want to reach for but the first thing I'd grab to keep my family safe.

Written in the 21st century has nothing to do with it. The second amendment has been protecting all the amendments since 1776.

If anything the free press needs adjusted

I like that.