Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
I need to add lights to mine also, I need to mow after work if the weather is bad on the weekend. I was planning on using led's to minimize the battery draw, but they are very expensive for decent ones.
Have you had any issues with the 55watt lights you used?
Thanks,
Rob

Nope, that kit is inexpensive and I have had no problems with it, the battery or charging system since installing it. Works great for the money!!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

New member here. I currently have a Gravely PM34Z that I've been cutting my personal lawn with for the last 12 years. It's been a great mower and only has 254 hours on it, but as I've gotten older and heavier, I've been thinking of upgrading to a larger mower. My local dealer has a demo ProTurn 52 with 30 hrs for $5900 and he'll also pick up the taxes for me.

I'm thinking its a pretty good deal but have reservations about buying a demo machine. Has anyone here had any experience with demo machines that can offer me an opinion? I appreciate any feedback you guys (or gals) can offer.

Many thanks!

I'm new to Gravely(bought my 2012 Pro-Turn 152(52" 100XDZ......a model step up from the base Pro-Turn) in September 2012. Can't give you advice regarding demos as mine was new when I bought it....but 30 hours is pretty low(mine has just over 93 hours after 3 mowing seasons). Is your PM34Z a rider, lawn tractor, etc??

The deal you mention for a Pro-Turn 52 sounds VERY attractive. You do not mention, however, which engine that demo has which can make a $300-$400 difference in price. My 2012 Pro-Turn 152 has the Kawasaki engine, which most on these forums consider to currently be the best ZTR engines and they are more expensive than the alternative Kohler engine. Most likely the demo is a 2015 model since most Gravely dealers(I know mine does) get their new year model(2016) initial shipment in the Fall just after Thanksgiving. My dealer's website shows his pricing for 2015 & 2016 Pro-Turn 52's with the Kawasaki and Kohler engines. The 2015 Kawi(Model#991208) is $ 6,749 and the 2016 Kawi(Model#991210) is $7,259 meaning the annual price increase was $510. The 2015 Kohler(Model#991201) shows $6,499 and the 2016 Kohler(Model#991212) is $$6,849 meaning the price for 2016 Pro-Turn 52 models with Kohler engines only went up $350.

All that being said....you need to ask the dealer if it is a 2015 or 2016 model and which engine it has. If it has the Kawasaki, that $5900 OTD is a VERY good price!! Also ask if his service tech would recheck all components and re-torque all nuts/bolts(my dealer did all that as delivery prep)I assume it is a 2015 and if it has the Kohler that would make the deal $$599 off(plus tax). If it is a 2015 with the Kawasaki it would be a much better deal at $849 off(plus tax). I waited until the Fall to buy a leftover floor model just before the 2013 models were scheduled to arrive. This is a "little better" time to drive a hard bargain with a dealer because he wants this year's floor models gone when the new models arrive in late Fall. But early spring for a leftover model(especially a demo) should be almost as good of a time for a dealer to make a good deal. Just as a comparison the MSRP price, including taxes for my 2012 Pro-Turn 152 was $7.782.93 and I got it for $6,800 cash OTD(out-the-door and I picked it up so no delivery fee). That, plus the 2013 model price increase of $300(if I had waited and got a 2013 the next Spring) saved me almost $1,300 which I considered a "good deal". I hope all this info helps you determine whether to get that Pro-Turn. I can say one thing.....I have never looked back(and I looked at as LOT of ZTR's before buying) on my Gravely purchase, highly recommend them and think you would be buying the last lawn mowing machine you would ever need.

red_cedar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, gals,

I'm a fairly new Ariens owner and am from central Illinois. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum!
As with many of you, I am experiencing some difficultly with my fairly new machine. I'll be posting my problem, hopefully someone here can lend some insight.

Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you do post your problem, please do so in a new thread with a title stating wht the problem is.
Also include the model number of the mower and the make & model number of the engine.

Welcome and good luck

Ronnyballgame

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Gravely owner here. I bought a 34Z (model number 991022) from my neighbor for $100. It sat in his brother's front yard for 4 years and has some issues, but I really don't want to pay $100 an hour to the dealership to fix it. I have some knowledge (also have a Ford 8n that always needs work!) and the time to work on it since it is an extra mower.

I need to find a few parts, starting with the carburetor. I have done a web search and found a big fat ZERO!!! Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
New Gravely owner here. I bought a 34Z (model number 991022) from my neighbor for $100. It sat in his brother's front yard for 4 years and has some issues, but I really don't want to pay $100 an hour to the dealership to fix it. I have some knowledge (also have a Ford 8n that always needs work!) and the time to work on it since it is an extra mower.

I need to find a few parts, starting with the carburetor. I have done a web search and found a big fat ZERO!!! Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Ronny see my response in the Ariens / Gravely forum.
Other please put your welcome messages here and your help messages in the Ariens / Gravely forum.
And Ronny, plese refrain from multi posing it gets a lot of people confused.

Trick1

Threads
Hello, from Maine, new owner of a 252z 52" Gravely, looking for spindles, seems Gravely is tight on older info, can't even find a year for this thing. Is there a date of manufacture somewhere? Model #992128 serial #000579.

johnsnydersr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, My name is John Snyder. in 2014 I purchased, a Gravely 42 xl zt, Love it, After many issues with a troy built I needed to get away from MTD (made to die)
I look forward to the advice.

johnsnydersr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help! No crank issue

okay, my 2014 Gravely zt 42xl is sick. Couple weeks ago I had an issue where I would have to bump the key in order to start mower. yesterday I was mowing, Hit a bump and the engine died, I restarted and it ran roughfor a few seconds. I started mowing again, mowed about 2 mins. and it died again, turned key- nothing happened. I changed the solenoid, still nothing, Fuse is good, When I jump across solenoid it will crank but not start. If I take it to dealer it will be 6 weeks min. before I get it back.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Looks like it is just not your day and putting a problem in the Howdy Doody section is not going to make your day any better.:thumbdown:
Please start a fresh post ( new topic ) with a title "my 2014 Gravely zt 42xl won't crank or fire"
Then describe what you have, mower model number and engine model number.
Followed by what you have just posted in a section that most of the techs never visit.
Thus those with trade access can pull down your wiring diagram and tell you where to start looking.