Grasshopper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

SPE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys. Just got my first Hopper. Its a 1991 721D with 61" deck. a very early model with a little rough deck. I need several very expensive parts for the left side drive. Anyone have any used parts laying around they might be willing to part with for a decent price? Also, I have looked high and low for a service manual for this and am very disappointed to not be able to find a single manual for ANY hopper mower. I have found some manuals for mowers that are far more obscure than the grasshoppers. What gives? I admit I am a tidwad and really don't want to pay for a manual if I can find a PDF version (my preference).

ghper

Threads
Have had two Grasshoppers, both with rear discharge decks. The first was a gas with a 61" rear discharge so loud you could go deaf before you were done mowing. The present is a diesel with the new design rear discharge. Wisper quiet compared to #1 and doesn't leave a streak in heavy tall grass, and layes the clippings evenly with no windrows. We mow about 7 acres. The fuel efficiency is way better with the diesel. By the way I too am new to the forum.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have had two Grasshoppers, both with rear discharge decks. The first was a gas
The present is a diesel ...
... We mow about 7 acres. The fuel efficiency is way better with the diesel.

WELCOME to these Forums....

There is Nothing like DIESEL when it comes to work... VERY fuel efficient... :smile:KennyV

Old Trackster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, older 721D owner checking in. Machine has been awesome but is starting to nickel and dime me, er uh 20 and 50 me.

hootie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Have a 2003, 928D I purchased used about 4 years ago. I've had a few problems but overall it's been a good mower. I live in Michigan and use it to mow about five acres. I hope through this forum to learn enough to keep it going for many more years.

Hootie

bkc23

Forum Newbie
Threads
Short time reader , 1st time poster. I'm impressed with this forum and all the people just helping one another.
I have A 2002 GH220 .

Threads
Short time reader , 1st time poster. I'm impressed with this forum and all the people just helping one another.
I have A 2002 GH220 .

:welcome: Welcome to the forum....nice mower! :thumbsup:

hoosier64

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I just bought a used Grasshopper 720 K because I came home after vacation to find my right hydro pump had quit on my Country Clipper Charger zero turn mower and I didn't have time to get it fixed before my 6 acre jungle of a yard closed in on me. I will repair the Country Clipper because I love it, it is a single joystick model which I really like. I have mowed once so far with the Grasshopper and I really like it as well. It actually rides nicer and makes a nicer cut, it also runs quieter. I did however have problems with a cylinder dropping out off and on but it never died so I'm going to search the forum here to see what i can find concerning that problem. Hopefully in the end I'll have two mowers I love to keep the jungle tame. Happy mowing.

profgeek

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got tired of blowing through big box mowers that only last 300 hours (max), even with decent maintenance, so I bit the bullet and went all out. I took delivery of my Grasshopper 721DT on July 3rd. I mow 3 acres with lots of trees, so I got a 52" deck and some other nice options (PowerFold deck, Grammer seat). So far it's been flawless, but only 6 hours on it to date. It's a great ride that has put the fun back into mowing for me. I also have a Kubota BX25, but can't mow with it because of all my trees on my property. It's just too unwieldy for mowing, but I love the engine. That's one of the reasons why I gravitated to the Grasshopper with the Kubota diesel in it. I'm looking forward to keeping up with this forum to help me keep my new machine in tip-top shape.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... I love the engine. That's one of the reasons why I gravitated to the Grasshopper with the Kubota diesel in it.

WELCOME to these Forums...
Got to love Kubota Diesels.... :smile:KennyV