Gas leak

DNHerring

Threads

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thats the tank that has a tendancy to split. I know, I had to replace mine. I'm not saying the tank split. I'm just saying that's the notorious recall tank.

DNHerring

Threads
Thats the tank that has a tendancy to split. I know, I had to replace mine. I'm not saying the tank split. I'm just saying that's the notorious recall tank.

From what I can see, the tank doesn't appear to be split. But I'll check it closer when I take off the air filter assembly.

I also checked Briggs and Stratton's website and none of the recalls listed impact my model number. Did you get the recall information from another website? If sot, can you post a link?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
From what I can see, the tank doesn't appear to be split. But I'll check it closer when I take off the air filter assembly.

I also checked Briggs and Stratton's website and none of the recalls listed impact my model number. Did you get the recall information from another website? If sot, can you post a link?

i couldn't see the split in mine either. It comes apart at the joint between the top and the bottom of the tank, near the top.
I didn't know about the recall until after I replaced the tank, it was under 20$, and I don't think it's still an option anyway.
Tha tank is easy to remove 2-3 bolts, a nut 5/16" nut driver will do it.
MTD made the mower they just use a briggs engine and put the Toro name on it.
How old is the mower

DNHerring

Threads

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Daniel glad you got it... & I love a video, even a poorly made one will show a lot...
If a video is not available then still pictures are a huge help... :smile:KennyV

DNHerring

Threads
what did you find?

Some of the gaskets were worn out and the needle seat looked to be in bad shape (which I am assuming caused the float to malfunction). Replaced all the gaskets and the needle and needle seat. Works great with no leaks now.