Fuel Shut Off

shurguywutt

Threads
I am looking to add one to my Timecutter. Which type do you all recommend and should I put it before or after the fuel filter?

Bertrrr

Threads
Are you looking at a manual valve ? If so I would put it before the filter so you can change filter out without loosing fuel, your carb bowl probably has an automatic fuel shut off for when you kill the engine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting.. As my gas line must flow up to top of tank (where it exits) to then head to gas filter & then electric fuel pump & finally carb..

Last edited:

Bertrrr

Threads
Never seen a fuel supply come from the top of the tank , you may be looking at a return line

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Never seen a fuel supply come from the top of the tank , you may be looking at a return line
Then you never work on a ZTR. Many of them have the fuel line coming out top of tanks. I even work on a few JDs that the electric fuel pump was in the fuel tank. I even a couple riders with the fuel line coming out of the top of tank.

Fuel can flow once the filled fuel line is below the fuel level ie it becomes a siphon hose.

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, it is the supply line, & Shut off valve is there as well.