Front ZT Tire Flat

Boomer49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro 2013 4235 zero turn. The front tires are something like 7" with tubes. I use the following twice a year. I'm SW Fla. I never have flats and you don't have the mess that slime can sometimes make. It does require a removable vale stem. https://www.amazon.com/SStans-NoTub...&qid=1696082892&sprefix=Stan's,aps,109&sr=8-3 I use this injector tube for application. 2oz per tire. https://www.amazon.com/Miotorio-Tub...qid=1696082892&sprefix=Stan's,aps,109&sr=8-29 I also use this in my ebike tires and 🤞 never have flats. One time I hit something that cut my tube and tire. Needed to replace. No tire dunking required.

flaing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I inflate my front tires to about 22 psi and check them every few mows. I noticed the other day that the left front tire has been going flat and the other holds pressure. I have not seen any evidence of a puncture or hear hissing noise when I air it up. Could the seam be leaking? What should I do to fix this or is it even worth fixing if I can take 2 mins to air it before I mow. They are tubeless tires.

tschwarting

Forum Newbie
Threads
I inflate my front tires to about 22 psi and check them every few mows. I noticed the other day that the left front tire has been going flat and the other holds pressure. I have not seen any evidence of a puncture or hear hissing noise when I air it up. Could the seam be leaking? What should I do to fix this or is it even worth fixing if I can take 2 mins to air it before I mow. They are tubeless tires.

MowManMow

Threads
By far the best sealer I found is right here. Slime says 2yrs, this states 10yrs.
I put slime in my original 1976 Wheel Horse AG tires a couple seasons & I kept having to air them up anyway.
I read up on tire sealers & found this "Flat Out". It's been a few yrs since I aired them up after using this. Now being nearly 50yrs old my tires have some big sidewall cracks as one can imagine...lol
I just have my blade/plow on this unit so unless I move snow/dirt/rock/sand it's rarely used. I bought a 32oz bottle and put some in each tire & it worked perfectly. So next season I bought another one for all my other tires, my yard carts China made tires needed air everytime I used it, Ive not aired them up since using flat out. This stuff works for the long run!

FlatOut Tire Sealant Outdoor Power Equipment Formula - with Valve Core Tool - Prevent Flat Tires, Seal Leaks, Contains Kevlar, 1 Gallon https://a.co/d/60cUzAw

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Toro 2013 4235 zero turn. The front tires are something like 7" with tubes. I use the following twice a year. I'm SW Fla. I never have flats and you don't have the mess that slime can sometimes make. It does require a removable vale stem. https://www.amazon.com/SStans-NoTubes-Sealant-Liquid-Ounces/dp/B00159O3NU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3CQW71CJFGZ97&keywords=stan's+no+tubes+tire+sealant&qid=1696082892&sprefix=Stan's,aps,109&sr=8-3 I use this injector tube for application. 2oz per tire. https://www.amazon.com/Miotorio-Tubeless-Injector-Schrader-Sealants/dp/B08T5P6F31/ref=sr_1_29?crid=3CQW71CJFGZ97&keywords=stan's+no+tubes+tire+sealant&qid=1696082892&sprefix=Stan's,aps,109&sr=8-29 I also use this in my ebike tires and 🤞 never have flats. One time I hit something that cut my tube and tire. Needed to replace. No tire dunking required.
"Contains Latex" = Slime = Stens tyre sealant = = = = = = =
All of them are water soluable and none of them work particularly well
So perhaps it has some thing in there to prevent rust but basically they are all the same
The only stuff that actually works long time is Tyre Mouse which costs about the same as the tyre
This fills the inside with a cell foam that remains semi flexiable so it covers over the holes
You remove the valve to let the air out then apply it to the tyre , leave it to form the foam the inflate the tyre
Works on sidewalls ( sort of ) if you put the hole up
A handyman customer actually used plumbers foam filler in his tyre that went during a job
Been in there for around 3 years
He had to replace the valve after cleaning the threads but seems to have done the job .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

Slime is water based. So even if you put it in a tube, it's going to leak out onto the rim and start messing up the paint and causing rust.

It's always best to just fix or replace the tire or tube.

gasjr4wd

Threads
Try some SLIME. No need to remove tire, just squeeze it in. If that doesn't work, then go to the tube. Have gone this route multiple times.
Slime and the products like it only work with a leak in the tread area. The fluid only rides on the inside on the tread area. With any sidewall, valve stem, etc issues slime does nothing. I can't _get_ to the leak.

shurguywutt

Threads
I thought I read it already had a tube in it. How do you "tighten the valve stem"? It's attached to the tube.
It does have a tube. Originally I thought it didn't but after I deflated it to inspect it I found that it did. So I tightened it up. Valve stem core.

Last edited: