Engine Fitting on Scag engine

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The oil is coming from the breather. Is there a hose or somewhere a hose can be connected to the air cleaner body.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you take a photo of the part that is not shown in the photo's (the lid, top part air cleaner) there has to be somewhere that you can fix the a pipe too.
This is from the manual......

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8

Zach3713

Threads
Can you take a photo of the part that is not shown in the photo's (the lid, top part air cleaner) there has to be somewhere that you can fix the a pipe too.

I'll post them as Aston as I get home. There is nothing though that remember seeing

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I could be possibly a fitting for hooking the vacuum line for a fuel pump. If there is no fuel pump it may of just had a rubber cap that has either come off or split and fell off due to age and deterioration of the rubber plug.

I don't think it is a fitting for a crankcase breather, which the hose coming off of the air cleaner cover would hook to. It looks more like a vacuum fitting for a fuel pump.

Zach3713

Threads

Here are the pics. The engine has a carb. on it fyi, and it has a small line coming off of it about 3.5 inches and just stops. here are the pics of the breather case.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 9
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 12

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could be possibly a fitting for hooking the vacuum line for a fuel pump. If there is no fuel pump it may of just had a rubber cap that has either come off or split and fell off due to age and deterioration of the rubber plug.

I don't think it is a fitting for a crankcase breather, which the hose coming off of the air cleaner cover would hook to. It looks more like a vacuum fitting for a fuel pump.

You may well be right on this....! but the manual say's there should be one.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
unfortunately photo's didn't help didn't see any pipe fitting, if it is vacuum one way to find out is to fit a vacuum gauge on it, if it reads vacuum cap it off, or lightly put you're finger on the hole. the photo's in the manual that I have are not that good being copy's, but am still looking.

Zach3713

Threads
Found someone locally with the same engine exactly. His is capped, so that's what I did to mine. It's running fine.

I REALLY appreciate everyone's help!