Export thread

Fitting on Scag engine

Z

Zach3713

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 36" scag walkbehind I just picked up. On the engine itself, it has this fitting that i'm not sure what it's purpose is. There is nothing attached to it, and it seems to be spitting out oil. Can anyone tell me what this is? I've attempted to attach a photo, hope it worked.

Attachments

R

Rivets

Can you post the model numbers of that Kaw.

Z

Zach3713

Can you post the model numbers of that Kaw.

FB460V I think?

R

Rivets

Go to this site for a parts and service manual that may help you out. At least you will have the manual.

"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"

Z

Zach3713

I downloaded the manual, i'm still having a hard time figuring out what this thing is. Can anyone help?

R

Rivets

Don't work on Kaws that much, but I'm thinking that your breather hose should be attached there.

EngineMan

EngineMan

I think it is to, if you take a look at the back or side of the air cleaner you should be able to see a outlet there to with or without a pipe on it, if so you need to fit one.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Its the same that is in the manual that I have...!
He needs to look at the air box that will tell him.

Z

Zach3713

Its the same that is in the manual that I have...!
He needs to look at the air box that will tell me.

I took some more pics. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Attachments

Z

Zach3713

I took some more pics. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Also, I see there is oil in there, what would cause that?

R

Rivets

The oil is coming from the breather. Is there a hose or somewhere a hose can be connected to the air cleaner body.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Can you take a photo of the part that is not shown in the photo's (the lid, top part air cleaner) there has to be somewhere that you can fix the a pipe too.
This is from the manual......

Attachments

Z

Zach3713

Can you take a photo of the part that is not shown in the photo's (the lid, top part air cleaner) there has to be somewhere that you can fix the a pipe too.

I'll post them as Aston as I get home. There is nothing though that remember seeing

I

ILENGINE

I could be possibly a fitting for hooking the vacuum line for a fuel pump. If there is no fuel pump it may of just had a rubber cap that has either come off or split and fell off due to age and deterioration of the rubber plug.

I don't think it is a fitting for a crankcase breather, which the hose coming off of the air cleaner cover would hook to. It looks more like a vacuum fitting for a fuel pump.

Z

Zach3713

Here are the pics. The engine has a carb. on it fyi, and it has a small line coming off of it about 3.5 inches and just stops. here are the pics of the breather case.

Attachments

EngineMan

EngineMan

I could be possibly a fitting for hooking the vacuum line for a fuel pump. If there is no fuel pump it may of just had a rubber cap that has either come off or split and fell off due to age and deterioration of the rubber plug.

I don't think it is a fitting for a crankcase breather, which the hose coming off of the air cleaner cover would hook to. It looks more like a vacuum fitting for a fuel pump.

You may well be right on this....! but the manual say's there should be one.

Z

Zach3713

Did the most recent pics help?

EngineMan

EngineMan

unfortunately photo's didn't help didn't see any pipe fitting, if it is vacuum one way to find out is to fit a vacuum gauge on it, if it reads vacuum cap it off, or lightly put you're finger on the hole. the photo's in the manual that I have are not that good being copy's, but am still looking.

Z

Zach3713

Found someone locally with the same engine exactly. His is capped, so that's what I did to mine. It's running fine.

I REALLY appreciate everyone's help!