FH580V carburetor removal

satman858

Threads
Just follow the directions, it can't be more simple then that, or find someone who can take it off for you.

I appears that it will come off if I remover what the parts the instructions says to remove. However, in order to get enough room to remove those parts, I will need to remove the top cover which in my photo posted.

I will try to get to it, over the weekend, and post back.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the 2 bolts or nuts off that hold it in place.
Take fuel line off. Pull carb off turn it on its side and slide the linkage out off the holes.
Oh and unplug wire going to the bottom.

satman858

Threads
Take the 2 bolts or nuts off that hold it in place.
Take fuel line off. Pull carb off turn it on its side and slide the linkage out off the holes.
Oh and unplug wire going to the bottom.

It will almost slide off, but the choke link rod is the problem. It is bending quite a bit, and I don't want to force it and brake something. I may be having a girl that works with my wife's husband come over on Tuesday to help me. He has a motorcycle and does his owe engine maintenance. I do have 2 other questions I would like answer if you could.

1.) How does that wire unplug from the Solenoid Valve? (I tried to pry it apart with a flat head screwdriver, but it would not disconnect)

2.) What is the absolute best type of cleaner to use to clean the carburetor?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The solenoid plug is strait, so it pulls off in the direction the wires go in.
he plastic shrinks with age & heat and the pins corrode with age & water so if it has not been off for a long while it might put up a fight, Just do not pull the wires.
Best thing for the carb is an ultrasonic cleaner.
Other than that any dipping solution will work , just read & follow the instructins as some require all non metalics to be removed before you dip them.
When you take the bits out pop them into boiling water to rinse off, leave them in there for a few minutes till they ar hot so when you lift them out they will dry off very quickly.
Spray clean dry parts with your favourite WD 40 type of goo then assemble when you are ready in a clean dust free place ( sent you wife to the movies, she will never know you used the kitchen bench )

From my unreliable memory, one side of the choke lever has a Z bend snd the other a 90 deg and plastic retainer, if so pop that side out first.
Bending the wire is not a problem, you can always bend it back.
Snaping off a plastic lever is a problem & requires a full ( expensive ) carb rebuild.

satman858

Threads
Thanks everyone for the carburetor help. As it turns out wire harness for the plug on the Solenoid Valve for my (Electric Starter Model) had a broken ground wire. The wire and harness replacement was $5 and solved that problem. There appeared to be some water in my carburetor, but up cleaned up fine.

Now some more problems. When I started up the Lawnmower there was no fuel coming from the right side tank, and after closely inspecting inside the tank the brass fitting was detached from the fuel line tubing so now I had another problem to deal with. After draining the tank and fishing out the brass fitting, I from inside the tank I removed the Tank Elbow fitting located on the side of the tank along with the orange colored Grommet, and removed the tubing line from the tank. With all this said, I have a few questions below as I am not sure if #19 below named the Tank Elbow fitting is the right part. Here are questions below:

1.) Does #19 (Fitting, Tank elbow .31 hose) mean that the in the tank fuel tubing is connected one end, along with a brass fitting attached to the other end of the tubing?

2.) If #19 is what I need to order, is the other side included, because the picture does not ever show the Fitting, Tank elbow .31 hose on the left side tank?

https://www.gravelypartsdirect.com/...ech._Lift_Deck/Fuel_Tanks_And_Hoses/2140/5523

Last edited: