EZ Trak Z445

buckhunter

Threads
That is the same setup I have. Right now its not leaving the burnt spots too much because we have had alot of rain, but when the grass starts to dry up alittle bit I cant stop for even 2-4 seconds without a brown spot the next day.

eldowdy

Threads
Well... Now that I think of it there were some brown spots early on. I didn't attribute them to the mower. We're having a drought right now. Though it is raining today. I stop all the time while mowing. I think I'll have to mark where I stop so I'll know for sure it's the mower. Glad I joined this forum! I love this mower though. I have been mowing 2.5 acres for 6 years with an old Dixon 4422. This is SO MUCH better. Cut my mowing time in half. I cannot knock the old Dixon though. I still own it and mow my daugther's place with it.

Ed

buckhunter

Threads
Yeah at first i thought I was leakin fluid but then after confirming no leaks I went to a spot in the corner of the back yard and let it sit for like 10-20 sec on full throttle and you can see exactly where the exhaust and hot air from the motor blows right on the grass. I have been really busy but I need to goto the dealer and get the new shield installed.

Edit: you should see a 12-16 inch long by 3-4 inch wide brown spot on the left side and maybe a 12 inch sorta round spot on the right if you have this prob.

slingblade

Forum Newbie
Threads
No problems with burning the grass, my problem is related to the engine not running very smooth. The 25 hp kawasaki v-twin surges. I'm not really sure where to start looking because it is fuel injected. I am begging for help. Good luck.

eldowdy

Threads
Mine is a 27HP Briggs. Today it started vibrating and surging. I don't know if it caught something on a blade or a belt or if it swallowed some water. Lasted a couple minutes. I was listening to my mp3 player when I noticed it. Took the earbuds out. Whole mower shook then smoothed right out. Didn't see anything come out of the deck. Didn't have anymore trouble. It's only got 29 hours on it.

Is yours still under warranty?

Ed

eldowdy

Threads
You gotta pic of ur eng Buck? They told me it was a Kaw when I bought it. Turned out it was a Briggs.

Ed

buckhunter

Threads
My fault I meant it was a b&s. Yeah they told me that too and I didnt notice till a couple weeks ago. Im going to tell them about that crap when I goto the dealer.

eldowdy

Threads
I went to do the breakin oil change and looked at the dip stick real close and called them. They said yeah sorry. I probably could have made them take it back. Except for the other day, I really like it. I think it was running on one cylinder.

Ed

buckhunter

Threads
Yeah its crap. The salesman should know what the hell hes talking about. I would normally have caught that but I was in a hurry the day I got it. The grass was was growing so fast then all I did was jump on it mow clean it off and put it away. But a couple weeks ago when I was cleaning it off I noticed a sticker on the side of the motor that said briggsandstraton.com from what I have read this is a redisigned motor made especially for zero turns wth ever that is suppose to mean.