EZ Trak Z445

buckhunter

Threads
Called my dealer earlier and they never heard of the issue, but the service manager is out till mon so Ill try again. If that dont work guess I will have to call John Deere directly and get them to educate my dealer lol

rtumark

Forum Newbie
Threads
have them try DTAC solution 89750....not sure if it means anything, but it's on the invoice they gave me.

Exact language is "replaced muffler, 2 heat shields, 2 bolts, nuts per DTAC solution 89750"

Hope this helps..

buckhunter

Threads
rtumark said:
have them try DTAC solution 89750....not sure if it means anything, but it's on the invoice they gave me.

Exact language is "replaced muffler, 2 heat shields, 2 bolts, nuts per DTAC solution 89750"

Hope this helps..

Thanks for the info. So did they install any heat shields for the air coming off the motor?

rtumark

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not really, I'll post up some pictures tomorrow to show you what they did. Been busy last few days.

What they did do is reconfigure the muffler heat shield to allow air to escape to the rear of the mower.

Hard to describe, pictures will be worth 1000 words.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fire hazard

After reading this post 2 -3 times it occurs to me that the this mower presents the oppourtunity for a fire hazard. If you were to back the mower over tall, dry, grass and get off or otherwise give the grass an opourtunity to ignite.....something to keep in mind
I did a quick search and found that there is a recall on certain models, alrthough it has nothing to due with problem your guys are describing.
Injury Hazards Prompt John Deere to Recall Certain Lawn Mowers | Justice News Flash | JusticeNewsFlash Release

Black Bart

Threads
Re: Fire hazard

After reading this post 2 -3 times it occurs to me that the this mower presents the oppourtunity for a fire hazard. If you were to back the mower over tall, dry, grass and get off or otherwise give the grass an opourtunity to ignite.....something to keep in mind
I did a quick search and found that there is a recall on certain models, alrthough it has nothing to due with problem your guys are describing.
Injury Hazards Prompt John Deere to Recall Certain Lawn Mowers | Justice News Flash | JusticeNewsFlash Release

I don't have a foot brake so I guess that leaves me out. :big grin:
My muffler is mounted much higher than the one in the photo, guess that is why I have not had any problems.
This issue must be with early models of 2011

eldowdy

Threads
Bought mine in June of this year and haven't noticed this problem. Mine is a second generation 445 with a 27HP Briggs. There is a really big heat shield around and under the muffler.

Ed

buckhunter

Threads
eldowdy said:
Bought mine in June of this year and haven't noticed this problem. Mine is a second generation 445 with a 27HP Briggs. There is a really big heat shield around and under the muffler.

Ed

Any pics of the heat shield?

eldowdy

Threads
Nothing close without draggin out the camera. But here is what is on the computer right now.

Ed

Attachments

• DSC_0475.jpg
    DSC_0475.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0476.jpg
    DSC_0476.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 42