Engine doesn't start right.

LaWn GuY

Threads
Could a loose connecting rod cause this problem. Turn then stop with metal slamming against metal sound. And the flywheel clicks when turning by hand.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could a loose connecting rod cause this problem. Turn then stop with metal slamming against metal sound. And the flywheel clicks when turning by hand.

Locate a reputable small engine repair shop either by web or yellow pages, white pages, and take your tractor to them for repair. Explain fully what is going on with engine and ask them to locate problem and get back to you with estimate before tearing into engine. I'm sure there are plenty of reputable Tecumseh small engine repair shops within driving distance. Also ask them how long they will need to keep it for repair and if they can supply you with a loaner.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...q=tecumseh small engine repair shops michigan

LaWn GuY

Threads
Actually I would like to do It my self. Im very Mechanically Inclined. Im just wondering If a loose connecting rod would cause that problem?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually I would like to do It my self. Im very Mechanically Inclined. Im just wondering If a loose connecting rod would cause that problem?

I would buy the $10 crankcase cover gasket and take a look. Then you will know for sure and won't have to worry about a oil leak at the crankcase cover.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I saw the video, you need to pull the flywheel and see what is useable!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I saw the video, you need to pull the flywheel and see what is useable!

I am sorry, I must start to be "MORE CLEAR" on my posts....

Glad you "happened" to find that loose magnet...

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
How many threads will you start?

P.B

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey,
I also have a question about getting an engine to start. I have a Toro 6.5 HP Recycler walk-behind mower, model number 20013, serial number 230603684 and I am having problems getting it to start up. The engine model number is LEV120, Spec number is 362003A, DOM: 03085DA0113. When I took it out to try to start it up this spring, it worked fine for an initial test run at my house, but I needed to take it to my grandmother's house, so I disconnected the spark plug cable and put it in my trunk and drove it over to her house. Lo and behold, it wouldn't start when I got there. It was stored over winter with fuel in the tank, which I now realize is a bad idea. I figured the carburetor might be clogged, so I cleaned it out, but that didn't help. I tried cleaning the spark plug and it seems to be working fine when I take it out and look for the spark. The reason I was checking the spark plug is because the engine doesn't seem to be popping at all when I try starting it, it just stops right when I reach the end of the rip cord. The spark plug also seems to be moist with gas after I try starting the mower and removing the spark plug again, so I don't think there's a problem with the fuel line to the cylinder. I haven't checked the primer bulb for cracks or leaks yet, so that might be what I check next.

:confused2:
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!