Engine doesn't start right.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did it do this before you replaced the starter?

Starter could have the wrong gear.

LaWn GuY

Threads
No when u turn the flywheel by hand u can hear clicking and sound's like something is loose and some spots is really hard. When spark plug out turn fine but still a little resistance.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where did you buy it? What was the part number? /what are your engine's model/spec numbers?

LaWn GuY

Threads
Engine OHV130 13 HP Tecumseh
WeedEater 259723

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would take the engine cover off and see if the starter gear is matching up the the ring gear. Double check everything make sure nothing is touching the flywheel.
I would also recheck the valves.

Here is the best way to adjust valves.
Take spark plug out take valve cover off turn engine counterclockwise till one valve is all the way open ( pushed in ) adjust other valve to spec repeat for other valve.

LaWn GuY

Threads
The starter is fine. But I will double check the valves tomorrow.

LaWn GuY

Threads
I redid the valves and It's still doing It.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I redid the valves and It's still doing It.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.): Tecumseh OHV 130 compression release problem?, pressure release valve, google search After reading this, scroll down and read answer, I believe your camshaft compression release is worn out and needs to be replaced. Please post all numbers on engine.
This is just an example of the part you need, without all engine numbers I cannot locate correct part. Tecumseh Genuine Part Camshaft 33148A | eBay
https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...outube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtceKAAViC1c;1280;720
Picture of compression release on camshaft: https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...outube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtceKAAViC1c;1280;720

Last edited:

LaWn GuY

Threads
Is their a way I can test that without starting the engine. It put so much stress on the starter it broke the pinion gear In half so Im having that sent In.