Driving tractor in winter

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am thinking that snow in Michigan is like NY and if so your mower will be useless in the snow. You will have only one wheel drive with turf tires and no speed. One of my ATVs is a two wheel drive and its not very good in deep snow and that's made for off road riding. You will better off if you can get some tire chains and weight which can any thing like box full of rocks on the back.

X-man

Threads
I am thinking that snow in Michigan is like NY and if so your mower will be useless in the snow. You will have only one wheel drive with turf tires and no speed. One of my ATVs is a two wheel drive and its not very good in deep snow and that's made for off road riding. You will better off if you can get some tire chains and weight which can any thing like box full of rocks on the back.

I live in a trailer park. The only time that I will be driving the thing is when the roads are plowed.

I play with my murray in the winter :) one winter I actually used it to drive to the corner store a couple times :)

I would probably do the same thing if the liquor store I go to wasn't a mile away. :p

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I live in a trailer park. The only time that I will be driving the thing is when the roads are plowed.

I would probably do the same thing if the liquor store I go to wasn't a mile away. :p

I guess it sure sound good to me as long as you are on private roads in the trailer park, also if you are buying liquor my advice is don't drank it till you are off the ice covered public roads.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess it sure sound good to me as long as you are on private roads in the trailer park, also if you are buying liquor my advice is don't drank it till you are off the ice covered public roads.

Haha "don't drank it" sounds like you already had a few dranks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You said you can't afford tire chains, just maybe you cut back on some of the bottles liquor you could buy the tire chains?? Then just think how much easier it would be to get to that liquor store after that.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You said you can't afford tire chains, just maybe you cut back on some of the bottles liquor you could buy the tire chains?? Then just think how much easier it would be to get to that liquor store after that.

Drive some wood screws in

X-man

Threads

Gotta have something during a nascar race :tongue::drink:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gotta have something during a nascar race :tongue::drink:

Never did I say quit drinking liquor, just save up for the tire chains. Now the post that exotion had is a good idea. Put bolts or screws in the tires like the racing bikes use on the ice. You would need inner tubes so they wouldn't leak air is all.

metz12

Threads
Never did I say quit drinking liquor, just save up for the tire chains. Now the post that exotion had is a good idea. Put bolts or screws in the tires like the racing bikes use on the ice. You would need inner tubes so they wouldn't leak air is all.

or use slime. stainless ones would be your best bet: 8 x 1 stainless Phillips Flat Wood Screw from Monster Fastener
I would drive them in so the head is sticking out about an 1/8" so its sticking out a bit. maybe even less if its paved roads.
the problem is taking them out. you would either wreck the threads or the head of the screw to get them out.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can use tin roof screws they have a rubber washer on them

(( cowboy up and get over it ))