Driving tractor in winter

X-man

Threads
I didn't post this in the "Snow Removal" forum because then nobody will see this.

Given I don't have wheel weights or chains (can't afford them at the moment), if the roads in my trailer park are plowed, would my lawn tractor do fine driving in the winter? Might use it in the winter to get from one driveway to another faster rather than walking. I'm not gonna use it for any plowing, I usually just shovel it, because in my eyes real men shovel snow :tongue:.

I already have plans to remove the mowing deck in November (blades need sharpening anyway).

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't post this in the "Snow Removal" forum because then nobody will see this.

Given I don't have wheel weights or chains (can't afford them at the moment), if the roads in my trailer park are plowed, would my lawn tractor do fine driving in the winter? Might use it in the winter to get from one driveway to another faster rather than walking. I'm not gonna use it for any plowing, I usually just shovel it, because in my eyes real men shovel snow :tongue:.

I already have plans to remove the mowing deck in November (blades need sharpening anyway).

You should be fine my murray with no weights or chains I mob up and down my alley witch never gets plowed and is full of potholes

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Should be fine just make sure to change the oil to a 5w30 oil cause in the winter the oil needs to be thiner.....

X-man

Threads
Should be fine just make sure to change the oil to a 5w30 oil cause in the winter the oil needs to be thiner.....

Yeah I already plan on changing the oil to 5W-30 in November.

Threads
I moved your thread to the Snow Removal Forum. :smile: Me posting this might spark some more interest in the thread. :thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Drop the deck get some thinner tires and a bigger pulley on the engine to the drive and hang on :)

X-man

Threads
Drop the deck get some thinner tires and a bigger pulley on the engine to the drive and hang on :)

Lol, man if I had the time and money I would love to do that :tongue:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lol, man if I had the time and money I would love to do that :tongue:

I play with my murray in the winter :) one winter I actually used it to drive to the corner store a couple times :)

metz12

Threads
ya my mtd is fast. it goes about 8mph. i covered the deck with a tarp this past year and drove it around. i towed my buddy around on a sled with it in my yard the first storm we had! I also gave a ride to a guy that works down the road from me in my trailer with it! i want to pulley swap my craftsman and put more aggressive tread on the thing so i can have another mode of transportation in the winter! :laughing: