Drain hose replace on 2004 hustler 60 inch super z model 927038. With sideways Kohler engine.

Campinman

Threads
  • / Drain hose replace on 2004 hustler 60 inch super z model 927038. With sideways Kohler engine.
I Just finished redoing the drain hose. I Used 1 ft of hose and reused the engine side nipple/plug drain and made one. I had to install the engine side 1st then put the hose on it. Zip tied to the body. Did not have to lift the engine No leaks sad so far.

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Drain hose replace on 2004 hustler 60 inch super z model 927038. With sideways Kohler engine.
Pic of it would be great to see..

Lilranch2001

Threads
Sometimes you get lucky and can find ways of getting around the standard procedure. I have come across a few drain plug hoses that you had to at least loosen the engine mounting bolts because the frame would act like a lock on the wrench hex preventing if from turning more than a 1/8 turn even if you could get to it with a wrench.

Just an example I worked on a 3 cylinder gas Kubota in a Z turn and a similar 3 cylinder diesel Kubota in a mini skid steer this year that both needed the fan belt tightened. The gas engine took about 10 minutes to loosen the alternator bolts and tighten the belt. The diesel took 2 people 1.5 hours to tighten the belt. One person had to reach over the top of the engine between the fan shroud and reach through the belt to put a flex head wrench on the lower alternator belt after finding it by feel because the only way to physically see the bolt was with a mirror looking straight down. The other person had to use a wobble socket and a long extension to get enough clearance between the engine block and the frame with the ratchet to be able to turn the nut.
How does a one man shop do something like that?

Campinman

Threads
Says pic to large🤷‍♂️

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
How does a one man shop do something like that?
Nephew helps with two person jobs. and I in turn help him with his stump removal business. the skid steer is his.