Dont let your equipment be an excuse to not do a great Job!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Dont let your equipment be an excuse to not do a great Job!
I have full professional accounting system. How else can you do it?! At the end, I print off a magic page and give to the accountant so that he can do his magic for tax time. I keep all expenses receipts and more. It is a PITA, but I spend a couple of hours a week to do it. I look like a pro when I come with a nice invoice printed with my programm that is known worldwide and that is used in schools to teach kids.

Get a secretary = more overhead and more clients
Get no secretary = less overhead and maybe loose some clients. I answer phone/messages in between jobs. Never when mowing (I don't hear the phone nor do I want to stop).

This is not science. It is common sense. The clients can wait a bit if they have the minium of patience and empathy. Besides, they need to work also (mine mostly have a job). I like the text approach. I will answer your text after a job. Much faster. Don't give me that unprofessional speach. It is not unprofessional. You answer quickly and you dont play ping pong call all day long since most clients work and you work and both try to phone each other and then it ends up being sh$t. Sometimes some text me a few hours before I live to skip a mow or lift/lower the mower for whatever reason. Why would they need to call if they could text the helpful info.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have full professional accounting system. How else can you do it?! At the end, I print off a magic page and give to the accountant so that he can do his magic for tax time. I keep all expenses receipts and more. It is a PITA, but I spend a couple of hours a week to do it. I look like a pro when I come with a nice invoice printed with my programm that is known worldwide and that is used in schools to teach kids.

Get a secretary = more overhead and more clients
Get no secretary = less overhead and maybe loose some clients. I answer phone/messages in between jobs. Never when mowing (I don't hear the phone nor do I want to stop).

This is not science. It is common sense. The clients can wait a bit if they have the minium of patience and empathy. Besides, they need to work also (mine mostly have a job). I like the text approach. I will answer your text after a job. Much faster. Don't give me that unprofessional speach. It is not unprofessional. You answer quickly and you dont play ping pong call all day long since most clients work and you work and both try to phone each other and then it ends up being sh$t. Sometimes some text me a few hours before I live to skip a mow or lift/lower the mower for whatever reason. Why would they need to call if they could text the helpful info.

My wife + excell :) no stress no overhead

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My wife + excell :) no stress no overhead

Yeah same here. My wife/secretary + Excell = no overhead. No accountant for tax time

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
My GF dont know much about accounting. She would be a good secretary tho.