Dixie Chopper ztr...54 HP!

The Don'z

Threads
Saw this not too long ago. A dixie chopper XCaliber Twin zero turn with 2 27 horse Generac engines.....For a total of 54 HP! 74 inch deck, 14 gallon fuel tank, my only question is, isn't this a little bit overboard?

Here is the DC webpage for the big twin: XCaliber Twin | Dixie Chopper
on a personal note,, way too big for what I do LOL

man00

Threads
You mite ride that fast if you could stay on the mower :laughing: but you certainly couldn't cut gas that fast.
You could in the commercials...anything is possible

cooper17

Forum Newbie
Threads
Saw this not too long ago. A dixie chopper XCaliber Twin zero turn with 2 27 horse Generac engines.....For a total of 54 HP! 74 inch deck, 14 gallon fuel tank, my only question is, isn't this a little bit overboard?

I have owned a Dixie Chopper twin since 2000, it has two Kohler 20's and is still going strong. I have used this machine to mow my property and private airstrip, it is simply put the finest extreme condition mower ever manufactured. Yes, I have maintained this machine like my car, and she is kept in the hangar awaiting another day of butt kicking mowing. I have been thinking about getting a new mower and have spoken with John the Dixie Chopper sales rep several times about getting a new chopper with combined 54 horses. I will be purchasing a new unit probably this year and will go once again with the twin from Dixie Chopper. I have a great deal of respect for Dixie Chopper bringing this unit back into production.
My neighbor bought a different brand mower and soon came to the realization that my ole Suburban Turbine would roll their mower up in a ball and spit it out! Thank you Dixie Chopper, your twin is a real beast. Bob