Dixie Chopper ztr...54 HP!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Or at least not cut grass WELL. :laughing:

I never thought about cutting grass that fast, Hey stick a hitch on it and maybe it would pull a trailer :rolleyes: but actually a truck would probably get better gas mileage.

Threads
I never thought about cutting grass that fast, Hey stick a hitch on it and maybe it would pull a trailer :rolleyes: but actually a truck would probably get better gas mileage.

WOW than the mower must REALLY get bad gas "mileage" (if you can even say that with a mower) if a TRUCK can beat it! :laughing:

A_tank96

Threads
Yeah 25 mph you could like take it to the shopping center. Get quite a lot of odd looks lol.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Dixie Chopper forum. :smile:

J&S Lawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
I dont know why you guys in a uproar about the use of fuel. The 27HP does'nt burn that much fuel. You dont have to run both engines at the same time. One is plenty of power to do the job.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I dont know why you guys in a uproar about the use of fuel. The 27HP does'nt burn that much fuel. You dont have to run both engines at the same time. One is plenty of power to do the job.

To begin with the thing is useless for any type of lawn care, so what would you do with it cut a cow pasture? You can't afford to put gas in the thing with a 14 gallon tank and if you don't have to run but one engine at a time why have the other. Now it does have a couple of interesting features about it, like its 2000lb towing capacity and the 19,144 fpm blade tip speed but the feature that really sucks is the fact that my 750lb ZTR will leave ruts, Humm.gif wonder what 1800 plus lbs would do to a lawn.

dnewton3

Threads
I have a buddy that I help mow during the summer season on his farm in KY.

There is logic to these big brutes, buy only for the right application.

He has the predecessor to this model; he has a "SurburinTurbin" with twin Kohler 20hp engines. 40hp seems like an insane amount, but we use this more as a hybrid mower/bush-hog type unit. We only get to mow about once every two or three weeks, and so the grass is TALL at times. It's not the speed we're after; it's the power to turn the blades in heavy wet grass, and up drive some very hilly KY terrain. He also has a DC with a turbo-diesel 50hp from several years ago. These machines really make the work much easier than trying to drive a tractor with a rotary cutter (bush-hog) through all the trees and obstacles.

For mowing a flat school lawn or business, it's overkill. But not on a farm with sporadic mowing and tough terrain. 54hp seems silly, until you need it ...