Engine Curb Find ! - 20041 TORO 22" RWD Recycler

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just Kiddin here as well.. If I found another - I'm a horder, so I'd keep that as well.. You'll get my mower when pry it from my cold dead hands..

Found the Original owners Manual online
gotta love the internet:
https://www.toro.com/getpub/30305
and Parts Catalog
https://www.toro.com/getpub/29063

PUSH

Better make copies and rat-hole them somewhere, it's gettin tougher and tougher to get the manuals for any machines these days, MTD just handed their Manuals page over to a new third party was able to get their service and parts manuals but no longer !
Also Push...... if ya ever have some time to kill , go over to the MTD Forum and browse through the THREAD ( MTD YardMan Transaxle Rebuild ) me N several other members use it to exchange info. and INSULTS , about 8 of us are regulars there , jump in on the conversations if you feel inclined to do so !!

PUSH

Threads
Better make copies and rat-hole them somewhere, it's gettin tougher and tougher to get the manuals for any machines these days, MTD just handed their Manuals page over to a new third party was able to get their service and parts manuals but no longer !
Also Push...... if ya ever have some time to kill , go over to the MTD Forum and browse through the THREAD ( MTD YardMan Transaxle Rebuild ) me N several other members use it to exchange info. and INSULTS , about 8 of us are regulars there , jump in on the conversations if you feel inclined to do so !!
Yep - Already printed out both. I've been burned Too many times when a site or info disappears.
Ill Check out the MTD thread ! Thanks!

I like this Toro so Much that I changed my avatar to the TORO.

PUSH

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep - Already printed out both. I've been burned Too many times when a site or info disappears.
Ill Check out the MTD thread ! Thanks!

I like this Toro so Much that I changed my avatar to the TORO.

PUSH

Ya got a fine lookin machine there, treat it well ..... OIL !! the life blood of any engine !!

PUSH

Threads
yep Oil is life:
Got to the oil changed and closer inspect of the blade and underneath

oil changing station
IMG_5116.jpg
The blade looks like its the Original - rusty
IMG_5109.jpg
IMG_5117.jpg
Had to remove the Belt guard to get to the oil plug
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5112.jpg

Next - I will get that blade off and clean it up a bit
PUSH

PUSH

Threads
Pulled the blade off this weekend - Took a braking bar to move it
I am pretty sure this is the original blade, never changed and rusted in place.
this thing wasn't used that often - it looks slightly worn

light sanded , grinder and wire brushed it - Black spray painted and back on it went.

Push
IMG_5194.jpgIMG_5195.jpgIMG_5197.jpgIMG_5203.jpgIMG_5218.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads
I agree. Unfortunately Lake Ronkonkoma is many miles from me, otherwise I'd give him an old 20066 for parts.

primerbulb120

Threads
You know you can tip the mower on its side to change the oil, right? The procedure is on page 12 of the owner's manual. https://lawn-garden.needmanual.com/...wn-mower-operators-manual.html?page_number=12

Oh, I just noticed you were changing the blade with it upright as well. Just tip it on it's side with the air filter facing up, it makes blade changing so much easier! This goes for most other mowers as well. As long as the air filter is facing up, you can tip it without a problem.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree. Unfortunately Lake Ronkonkoma is many miles from me, otherwise I'd give him an old 20066 for parts.

I'm talking right here on the forum, I didn't mean you had to hold hands !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing: