Export thread

Curb Find ! - 20041 TORO 22" RWD Recycler

PUSH

PUSH

A few months back I took home my 1st curb trashed mower a Craftsman 190cc FWD in bad shape - but salvageable with little effort or cost
it's missing a few things. so I've been on the look out for another donor curb find.
Went for a bike ride in my neighbor hood the other night and there is was 2 houses down from where i picked up the 1st mower. Same 190cc B&S , It looked so good I wasn't even sure it was trash at first but with an old hose and other trash piled around it - i was sure.
Gave it a pull and the motor had compression.. good compression and rolled freely too. Key Start with the key RWD went home got the Jeep and took it home. Have to sneak it in because the wife is still suspect about having yet another mower..now 3
but this one is like new.. and i think it was just fuel neglect and lack of maintenance

put a new plug in it..old plug looked original..but stil no go. just not getting fuel. primer bulb ok, but not drawing fuel. hooked up my Kayak fish finder 12v to it and it cranked but still no go.but good spark. Just glad the key start works. pulled all the covers off - filter clogged. sprayed the heck out it with Carb cleaner + removed the bowl ( tons of junk in the bowl) cleaned it + the jet - reassemble . then hit it with starter fluid. Jumped to life! both the key and the cord started it.. the primer bulb is working but not too well. and theres a slight miss

RWD works..and the tread is in good shape for a 2005. took it for a quick spin on my hill in front of the house and WOW - i'm seriously impressed by the personal pace and how fast this thing is - fastest mower ive ever used on the hill went up it with ease and dragged me all over the lawn.

Still have to address the carb over all - its in hard shape- pretty sure the float pin is stuck.
Since im new to the Toro - is there anything i should look out for or look closer at ??

Thanks
PUSH
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4871.jpgIMG_4931.jpgIMG_4928.jpgIMG_4932.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

A few months back I took home my 1st curb trashed mower a Craftsman 190cc FWD in bad shape - but salvageable with little effort or cost
it's missing a few things. so I've been on the look out for another donor curb find.
Went for a bike ride in my neighbor hood the other night and there is was 2 houses down from where i picked up the 1st mower. Same 190cc B&S , It looked so good I wasn't even sure it was trash at first but with an old hose and other trash piled around it - i was sure.
Gave it a pull and the motor had compression.. good compression and rolled freely too. Key Start with the key RWD went home got the Jeep and took it home. Have to sneak it in because the wife is still suspect about having yet another mower..now 3
but this one is like new.. and i think it was just fuel neglect and lack of maintenance

put a new plug in it..old plug looked original..but stil no go. just not getting fuel. primer bulb ok, but not drawing fuel. hooked up my Kayak fish finder 12v to it and it cranked but still no go.but good spark. Just glad the key start works. pulled all the covers off - filter clogged. sprayed the heck out it with Carb cleaner + removed the bowl ( tons of junk in the bowl) cleaned it + the jet - reassemble . then hit it with starter fluid. Jumped to life! both the key and the cord started it.. the primer bulb is working but not too well. and theres a slight miss

RWD works..and the tread is in good shape for a 2005. took it for a quick spin on my hill in front of the house and WOW - i'm seriously impressed by the personal pace and how fast this thing is - fastest mower ive ever used on the hill went up it with ease and dragged me all over the lawn.

Still have to address the carb over all - its in hard shape- pretty sure the float pin is stuck.
Since im new to the Toro - is there anything i should look out for or look closer at ??

Thanks
PUSH
View attachment 33291
View attachment 33292View attachment 33293View attachment 33294View attachment 33295

Hey PUSH , bring my mower back !! THAT wasn't trash , I just left it to go to the bathroom , but then got busy with a leaking bathroom faucet, forgot about for awhile and when I returned it was GONE !!! And I see you're a Hammer N Screw-Driver mechanic ... N using a "fits-all wrench " ( crescent) on it too !! SHAME ALL OVER YOU !!! ( LOL )
Just kiddin, ( couldnt help myself..old age gets to us ya know ! )
You must be living "right" ... NICE FIND !! keep us up-dated on your progress , (with more pics) too .

!cid_qym49oD7lIEKu1QOQVZc.gif!cid_qym49oD7lIEKu1QOQVZc.gif

PUSH

PUSH

Hey PUSH , bring my mower back !! THAT wasn't trash , I just left it to go to the bathroom , but then got busy with a leaking bathroom faucet, forgot about for awhile and when I returned it was GONE !!! And I see you're a Hammer N Screw-Driver mechanic ... N using a "fits-all wrench " ( crescent) on it too !! SHAME ALL OVER YOU !!! ( LOL )
Just kiddin, ( couldnt help myself..old age gets to us ya know ! )
You must be living "right" ... NICE FIND !! keep us up-dated on your progress , (with more pics) too .

View attachment 33297View attachment 33298

Ha too Funny - I still feel like I stole it.. and then after seeing the simple neglect.. its now a RESCUE! I was laughing as i was mowing the front lawn in the dark testing it- as it dragged me all over the place. Love At 1st Mow. . the hammer and crescent wrench were for the handle bracket that was bent way out of place allowing the right side of the handle to go beyond the stop. maybe that bend was the last stray for the owner as he tossed it to the curb. If my wife finds this thing I might be at the curb next..

PUSH

Boobala

Boobala

Ha too Funny - I still feel like I stole it.. and then after seeing the simple neglect.. its now a RESCUE! I was laughing as i was mowing the front lawn in the dark testing it- as it dragged me all over the place. Love At 1st Mow. . the hammer and crescent wrench were for the handle bracket that was bent way out of place allowing the right side of the handle to go beyond the stop. maybe that bend was the last stray for the owner as he tossed it to the curb. If my wife finds this thing I might be at the curb next..

PUSH

Whenever the wifey starts givin me SCHITT about MY stuff, I don't say anything, I just go to the bathroom, or her "personal area" on the vanity, or her pocket book, and pull out ...SOME ..REPEAT .. SOME of her cosmetics collection and ask why she NEEDS all this SCHITT !!! It works for me !!

PUSH

PUSH

I have 10x more stuff than her a shed full - a single car garage full and 3/4 of the basement full - shes a saint for putting up with all of my crap. so it wouldn't work for me.

Used the TORO mower on the entire lawn yesterday, yep its fast. had some starting issues> if i stop it, 80% of the time,it wont kick over unless i prime it again. mowed it all in 2/3 the time it usually takes me. Its running hot and using more fuel than it should. Checked the oil - looks good but still going to change it as I think there is fuel in it.

Pulled out the other Curb find for a side by side - the Toro is just superior.
Had a mishap when the old filter got under it and chopped in 2

PUSH
IMG_4948.jpgIMG_4949.jpgIMG_4950.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

sounds like time to rebuild the carb. might wanna check your blade after your "mishap"

PUSH

PUSH

sounds like time to rebuild the carb. might wanna check your blade after your "mishap"

Blades fine - but that carb is so rusted inside I'm opting for a new one. Just waiting for it to arrive as well as a new filter

Boobala

Boobala

Blades fine - but that carb is so rusted inside I'm opting for a new one. Just waiting for it to arrive as well as a new filter

Do the WHOLE system BEFORE you install a new carb !! CLEAN the fuel tank, clean or replace fuel shut-off valve AND ALL fuel lines,... don't send dirty stuff into a new filter and new carb. ..get rid of the headaches !!

PUSH

PUSH

Do the WHOLE system BEFORE you install a new carb !! CLEAN the fuel tank, clean or replace fuel shut-off valve AND ALL fuel lines,... don't send dirty stuff into a new filter and new carb. ..get rid of the headaches !!

After seeing that bowl...oh yeah new lines for sure - Just Went through a dead $$High pressure Fuel Pump$$ on my 4 stroke Outboard because of ethonal
IMG_4930.jpg

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Make sure you also remove the gas tank and rinse it out with fresh gas. :thumbsup:

PUSH

PUSH

Make sure you also remove the gas tank and rinse it out with fresh gas. :thumbsup:
Will do ! Thanks

PUSH

PUSH

Got the New carb in the mail + New 1/4" Fuel line.
Cleaned out the Fuel tank
So easy to put together easy swap.
Had it fired up in no time. Still waiting on the nEw Air filter so I swapped the one from the other 190cc for now.
has a little miss/stutter right at the beginning but smooths out soon after

pd
IMG_5099.jpgIMG_5100.jpgIMG_5101.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

Got the New carb in the mail + New 1/4" Fuel line.
Cleaned out the Fuel tank
So easy to put together easy swap.
Had it fired up in no time. Still waiting on the nEw Air filter so I swapped the one from the other 190cc for now.
has a little miss/stutter right at the beginning but smooths out soon after

pd
View attachment 33415View attachment 33416View attachment 33417

Gimmme bak my mower !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

PUSH

PUSH

Gimmme bak my mower !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:
$175 and its yours.. parts and Labor.

here's the Electric start @ work:

Boobala

Boobala

$175 and its yours.. parts and Labor.

here's the Electric start @ work:

NICE video, wish I knew how to make them, what type of camera do you use ? Is it complicated..?? how much was the camera ?? I'm gonna go in a corner N eat my heart out !! ( LOL ) ...:laughing: ..:thumbsup:

B

bertsmobile1

NICE video, wish I knew how to make them, what type of camera do you use ? Is it complicated..?? how much was the camera ?? I'm gonna go in a corner N eat my heart out !! ( LOL ) ...:laughing: ..:thumbsup:

Most standard digital cameras will do video.
I have a couple of Samsungs bought 5 years ago and both will do 20 minutes of video ( capacity of the card ).
Bought an SJ Cam last year to do videos on the bike but my old bangers shake so much you get seasick watching them

PUSH

PUSH

It's easy - it was just taken with My Iphone 6 and uploaded to YouTube using the you tube Ap
click on insert video ..copy and paste the URL - done

As for the mower - I'll keep an eye out for another one for you..
and I still cant believe how fast this thing is

PUSH

PUSH

PUSH

This was when I first dove into it after finding it.
2 minutes later shot some Starting fluid into it and it cranked right over.

Boobala

Boobala

It's easy - it was just taken with My Iphone 6 and uploaded to YouTube using the you tube Ap
click on insert video ..copy and paste the URL - done

As for the mower - I'll keep an eye out for another one for you..
and I still cant believe how fast this thing is

PUSH

Just kiddin bout the mower, I got my hands full with 2 riders and a fairly new self-propelled walk-behind Snapper. My digital camera takes video so maybe I'll try to find the youtube app and fart around with it . Thanks for the info, and keep us up-dated !! .... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

PUSH

PUSH

Just kiddin bout the mower, I got my hands full with 2 riders and a fairly new self-propelled walk-behind Snapper. My digital camera takes video so maybe I'll try to find the youtube app and fart around with it . Thanks for the info, and keep us up-dated !! .... Boobala ..:thumbsup:
Just Kiddin here as well.. If I found another - I'm a horder, so I'd keep that as well.. You'll get my mower when pry it from my cold dead hands..

Found the Original owners Manual online
gotta love the internet:
https://www.toro.com/getpub/30305
and Parts Catalog
https://www.toro.com/getpub/29063

PUSH

Boobala

Boobala

Just Kiddin here as well.. If I found another - I'm a horder, so I'd keep that as well.. You'll get my mower when pry it from my cold dead hands..

Found the Original owners Manual online
gotta love the internet:
https://www.toro.com/getpub/30305
and Parts Catalog
https://www.toro.com/getpub/29063

PUSH

Better make copies and rat-hole them somewhere, it's gettin tougher and tougher to get the manuals for any machines these days, MTD just handed their Manuals page over to a new third party was able to get their service and parts manuals but no longer !
Also Push...... if ya ever have some time to kill , go over to the MTD Forum and browse through the THREAD ( MTD YardMan Transaxle Rebuild ) me N several other members use it to exchange info. and INSULTS , about 8 of us are regulars there , jump in on the conversations if you feel inclined to do so !!

PUSH

PUSH

Better make copies and rat-hole them somewhere, it's gettin tougher and tougher to get the manuals for any machines these days, MTD just handed their Manuals page over to a new third party was able to get their service and parts manuals but no longer !
Also Push...... if ya ever have some time to kill , go over to the MTD Forum and browse through the THREAD ( MTD YardMan Transaxle Rebuild ) me N several other members use it to exchange info. and INSULTS , about 8 of us are regulars there , jump in on the conversations if you feel inclined to do so !!
Yep - Already printed out both. I've been burned Too many times when a site or info disappears.
Ill Check out the MTD thread ! Thanks!

I like this Toro so Much that I changed my avatar to the TORO.

PUSH

Boobala

Boobala

Yep - Already printed out both. I've been burned Too many times when a site or info disappears.
Ill Check out the MTD thread ! Thanks!

I like this Toro so Much that I changed my avatar to the TORO.

PUSH

Ya got a fine lookin machine there, treat it well ..... OIL !! the life blood of any engine !!

PUSH

PUSH

yep Oil is life:
Got to the oil changed and closer inspect of the blade and underneath

oil changing station
IMG_5116.jpg
The blade looks like its the Original - rusty
IMG_5109.jpg
IMG_5117.jpg
Had to remove the Belt guard to get to the oil plug
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5112.jpg

Next - I will get that blade off and clean it up a bit
PUSH

PUSH

PUSH

Pulled the blade off this weekend - Took a braking bar to move it
I am pretty sure this is the original blade, never changed and rusted in place.
this thing wasn't used that often - it looks slightly worn

light sanded , grinder and wire brushed it - Black spray painted and back on it went.

Push
IMG_5194.jpgIMG_5195.jpgIMG_5197.jpgIMG_5203.jpgIMG_5218.jpg

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

You know you can tip the mower on its side to change the oil, right? The procedure is on page 12 of the owner's manual. https://lawn-garden.needmanual.com/...wn-mower-operators-manual.html?page_number=12

Boobala

Boobala

You know you can tip the mower on its side to change the oil, right? The procedure is on page 12 of the owner's manual. https://lawn-garden.needmanual.com/...wn-mower-operators-manual.html?page_number=12

I think you 2 guy's would get along GREAT !!

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

I agree. Unfortunately Lake Ronkonkoma is many miles from me, otherwise I'd give him an old 20066 for parts.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Oh, I just noticed you were changing the blade with it upright as well. Just tip it on it's side with the air filter facing up, it makes blade changing so much easier! This goes for most other mowers as well. As long as the air filter is facing up, you can tip it without a problem.

Boobala

Boobala

I agree. Unfortunately Lake Ronkonkoma is many miles from me, otherwise I'd give him an old 20066 for parts.

I'm talking right here on the forum, I didn't mean you had to hold hands !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

PUSH

PUSH

We can hold hands if you are giving me a parts mower - but just once. Hey Primerbulb you helped me in another thread a year or so ago - its what got me started reviving my old mower - now graduated onto curb finds..Thanks
Yeah - I know you can tip them but I like my changing station. I also needed it up there as i Took the wheels off and painted them as well picked dried caked on mud from the engine

IMG_5119.jpg
ok time for those white wheels to go - I really hate the white wheels..
IMG_5205.jpg
FullSizeRender3.jpg
IMG_5215.jpg
Wheels back on and man I love it already.

Push

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

I think I woulda painted em, GOLD ! or SILVER ! or RED ! or ORANGE ! or YELLOW or PURPLE ! or ...... :laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: Hey jus bustin your chops , looks good PUSH !! Enjoyin your pics too !

PUSH

PUSH

Ive got to black it all out - DARK TORO
It will match my other mower. Red cap / Black body
I might keep it Red for awhile but eventually the body will be all black.
Washed it - looks new
FullSizeRender2.jpg
IMG_5225.jpg
matches my jeep rims now
IMG_5230.jpg