Cub cadet zT1 zero turn won’t Stay running..again Help

Threads
  • / Cub cadet zT1 zero turn won’t Stay running..again Help
4 yr old cub cadet will not keep running , stops when I pull arms up or engage blades . Changed fuel pump, new carb new gas new filters and it still won’t stay running when I pull arms together or engage blades I am about ready to sell it and get something different. Kohler engine 24 hp 54” does a wonderful job but won’t stay running

jearlc

Threads
4 yr old cub cadet will not keep running , stops when I pull arms up or engage blades . Changed fuel pump, new carb new gas new filters and it still won’t stay running when I pull arms together or engage blades I am about ready to sell it and get something different. Kohler engine 24 hp 54” does a wonderful job but won’t stay running
Sounds like the operator presence switch is engaging when it shouldnt.

Threads
What is that….I am the operator and I am engaging so much I getting brain fog

jearlc

Threads
Its the switch under the seat that shuts the engine off if there is no one in the seat. I have a ZT1 myself . they have been standard on all mowers since about the 80's . bypass it and see if that does it.

Threads
Thx so much..be nice if that was an easy fix..I will give it a try in the morning before it is 100 degrees outside

Threads
Its the switch under the seat that shuts the engine off if there is no one in the seat. I have a ZT1 myself . they have been standard on all mowers since about the 80's . bypass it and see if that does it.
It didn’t work .guess I need to take it in to get it fixed then buy a book on lawnmower repair . Was hoping to not have to spend the few hundreds of dollars and time but I need to mow. Thx a lot

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you were trying the short across the wires it wouldn't work as the seat is a dual pole NC/NC switch. AND the wiring connector contains a shorting strip so you can't simply unplug it either.

Last edited:
Threads
So what do I do I just unplugged it put seat down and it started then when I moved the arms together it died

Threads
If you were trying the short across the wires it wouldn't work as the seat is a dual pole NC/NC switch. AND the wiring connector contains a shorting strip so you can't simply unplug it either.
So what do I do..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I could tell you but as saying goes then I have to kill you. And just too tired to do it.

Beside it is a liability issue that I don't wish to deal with. Someone else here probably say it involves cutting a couple wires.