Cub Cadet with 22 hp Kawasaki hard to start

Kearney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let me ask this. If while the carb is off could i just spray starting fluid directly into the intake to see if i can get it to start. And if it doesn't i could rule out the carb, correct?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's a good question I would also like to know

briggs

Threads
Let me ask this. If while the carb is off could i just spray starting fluid directly into the intake to see if i can get it to start. And if it doesn't i could rule out the carb, correct?[/QUOTE

u could give it a shoot to see if it fired up but if it back fires it will catch the spray on fire i would not do it myself

jhngardner367

Threads
Check your timing(cam),and also check for dirt in fuel valve(needle/seat),and valve adj.
I'm betting,though it's cam timing. One tooth off,and it messes up.

Kearney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I think I solved it. I found that it would only spark for the first second or 2 then go away. I was just flooding my engine. I wore my starter out so bad last year trying to start it without the decompressioner that it just wouldn't spin it fast enough to get spark after i fixed everything. New starter on the way now.

briggs

Threads
Well I think I solved it. I found that it would only spark for the first second or 2 then go away. I was just flooding my engine. I wore my starter out so bad last year trying to start it without the decompressioner that it just wouldn't spin it fast enough to get spark after i fixed everything. New starter on the way now.

glad u got it fixed
:thumbsup: