Craftsman lawnmower B&S engine replacement.

Hubba

Threads
I hope I am posting this in the right place, My Grandson ran his Craftsman mower dry of oil, and it locked up. I want to replace the engine I need help finding the right engine and any other advice that you guys can provide. Model 247.378330 B&S platinum 7.25 163cc

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Briggs recommends the 104M02-0196-F1 which supercedes from the 104M02-0020-F1 as the replacement $266.00

Cusser

Threads
I hope I am posting this in the right place, My Grandson ran his Craftsman mower dry of oil, and it locked up. I want to replace the engine I need help finding the right engine and any other advice that you guys can provide. Model 247.378330 B&S platinum 7.25 163cc
Well, I hope your grandson learned a lot by all this.

For a lawn mower like his, a dealer in replacement engines should be able to know what fits. Has anyone tried the replacement engines from Harbor Freight?

Installation of replacement engine into a lawn mower should be straightforward.

Hubba

Threads
Well, I hope your grandson learned a lot by all this.

For a lawn mower like his, a dealer in replacement engines should be able to know what fits. Has anyone tried the replacement engines from Harbor Freight?

Installation of replacement engine into a lawn mower should be straightforward.
No, I haven't tried any yet.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you thought about a new mower you might buy a new one for a little more.

Hubba

Threads
Have you thought about a new mower you might buy a new one for a little more.
I have thought of a new mower but can't find what I want.

sessman55

Threads
You listed the model number for the mower. You need the MODEL and TYPE numbers from the engine itself. It’s usually located on the recoil cover just forward of the muffler, stamped into the metal. With the correct numbers, contact Power Distributors for the replacement engine.

rustycat

Threads
I would take the engine off the deck and open it up. It's most likely the rod seized to the crank. Get a replacement rod and clean the aluminum off the crank with acid and polish it back to new. It can probably be repaired for $50.