Craftsman lawn tractor "turns on a dime" so they claim

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Craftsman lawn tractor "turns on a dime" so they claim
Well stated...one of the claims that is utter hype is those for vinyl siding that "rinses clean with a garden hose", what a lot of c----. Our siding is light colored, I have to scrub it with a brush and power wash it at 1200 psi to get it clean..."garden hose" my a---

That is odd that this is brought up. I am looking to put new vinyl siding on my house and them were the very words spoken from several sales men, to clean the siding just rinses with a garden hose. So that is just a sales pitch?

tybilly

Threads
Yeah I have some Craftsman hand tools, their the sort of chrome plated slightly rusted wrenches in the tool box. The bright shiny ones are the Snap On stuff.
oh I have a few snap on trying to rust..im unhappy with sears cause they used to be for the home mechanic,anymore its just like walking into an older walmart

tybilly

Threads
Craftsman/Quality? That is only true if you look at the price verses AVERAGE lifetime of product and that would be true if they had a long lifetime. Look at the number of posts for people needing help in the Craftsman section. The only one that beats them in JD. Craftsman lawn products are built for Joe home owner who wants something to maintain his yard at a low cost. He thinks that if it has the Craftsman name on it, they will back it just like their hand tools. Anyone in the repair business will tell you that they see more of these units than the other brand names. The less than 1% of you out there that religiously maintain your equipment, will get a longer lifespan out of you Craftsman equipment, but Craftsman gives very little room for error in maintenance, which the average buyer normally exceeds, which causes an early death. Being in the repair business, I like to see Craftsman units come in. I have a chance to educate the customer on maintenance procedures, get a new customer, pay a few bills and/or receive a good engine and have the scrapyard pay me for the frame. I win either way. My question is, if Craftsman is such a quality piece of equipment, why don't they make it easier for the customer to get service on their products? At the present time the customer has two choices. 1. Take it to a regional service center at the customers expense. That could be 100 miles away. 2. Bring it to the local repair shop, where they will be charged more, because it is not the brand the store sells. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. It's just that some of us know how to extend the life of a lower end product.
down here the regional service center is Jacksonville florida and its an automatic 2weeks turnaround,that 149.00 mower and 125.00 spring service is almost a no brainer for the average homeowner.but like rivets said,the education is so important.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got a promotional email from Sears.com last night telling me about a great deal on this certain model.

I am not interested, who wants to buy from somebody who is obviously lying about the actual turning capability of their merchandise? I think they should be prosecuted for false advertising. Maybe I should print out the ad and take it to the local Sears store and ask the store associates to prove the claim is true...:rolleyes:

You are saying a certain model. If it is a tractor it just isn't designed to do so. Now a ZT might get close to a dime. I sure hope you don't believe everything you read and going to the store to prove the claim in my eyes you don't want to know what I am calling you. The store associate is just making a living like most of us do.

tybilly

Threads
You are saying a certain model. If it is a tractor it just isn't designed to do so. Now a ZT might get close to a dime. I sure hope you don't believe everything you read and going to the store to prove the claim in my eyes you don't want to know what I am calling you. The store associate is just making a living like most of us do.
I agree, they only make about 8.00 an hr,and don't receive commission on sales,the complaints probably don't even make it past the shift mgr,sears is more interested in selling their store credit card.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You do know that jdgreen has not been on here In a year and a half

tybilly

Threads
You do know that jdgreen has not been on here In a year and a half

huh I guess I didn't pay attention,story of my life.lol thanks

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
oh I have a few snap on trying to rust..im unhappy with sears cause they used to be for the home mechanic,anymore its just like walking into an older walmart

I have craftsman sockets drivers and wrenches. Man... I also have some cheap open end wrenches from harbor freight there is a difference.... The harbor freight wrenches slip and strip easy the craftsman grip. I broke a #10 wrench doing something I shouldn't have I took it to Sears they replaced it no questions was awesome