Craftsman lawn tractor "turns on a dime" so they claim

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Craftsman lawn tractor "turns on a dime" so they claim
Just the fact that it says Craftsman or Sears is enough to turn me off. Of all the places I have dealt with over the last 50 years their service and merchandise seems to be the worst. I gave up on them about 10 years ago.

You don't have ANY Craftsman hand tools? WHAAAT? That is Unamerican!!!!

jenkinsph

Threads
You don't have ANY Craftsman hand tools? WHAAAT? That is Unamerican!!!!

Yeah I have some Craftsman hand tools, their the sort of chrome plated slightly rusted wrenches in the tool box. The bright shiny ones are the Snap On stuff.

hoehappa

Threads
I can't see how anyone buys A CRAPSMAN mower. even a novice can look at them and see no quality

T J Blazek

Threads
The only good thing Sears sells now is their hand tools. They do guarantee them for life. Bend it or break it; they replace it. Most of their other stuff is iffy: " If it breaks in half; pick up both pieces; they belong to you."

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I can't see how anyone buys A CRAPSMAN mower. even a novice can look at them and see no quality

No even cool craftsman has quality i have a 20 year old when its called TAKE CARE OF YOUR STUFF... :thumbsup::thumbdown::cool::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor:

Threads
No even cool craftsman has quality i have a 20 year old when its called TAKE CARE OF YOUR STUFF... :thumbsup::thumbdown::cool::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor::tractor:

I agree, K-Pro-Mowing. Some push mowers by Craftsman I would never buy but I do believe that things will last if you maintain them well. :tractor:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Craftsman/Quality? That is only true if you look at the price verses AVERAGE lifetime of product and that would be true if they had a long lifetime. Look at the number of posts for people needing help in the Craftsman section. The only one that beats them in JD. Craftsman lawn products are built for Joe home owner who wants something to maintain his yard at a low cost. He thinks that if it has the Craftsman name on it, they will back it just like their hand tools. Anyone in the repair business will tell you that they see more of these units than the other brand names. The less than 1% of you out there that religiously maintain your equipment, will get a longer lifespan out of you Craftsman equipment, but Craftsman gives very little room for error in maintenance, which the average buyer normally exceeds, which causes an early death. Being in the repair business, I like to see Craftsman units come in. I have a chance to educate the customer on maintenance procedures, get a new customer, pay a few bills and/or receive a good engine and have the scrapyard pay me for the frame. I win either way. My question is, if Craftsman is such a quality piece of equipment, why don't they make it easier for the customer to get service on their products? At the present time the customer has two choices. 1. Take it to a regional service center at the customers expense. That could be 100 miles away. 2. Bring it to the local repair shop, where they will be charged more, because it is not the brand the store sells. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. It's just that some of us know how to extend the life of a lower end product.

Threads
Craftsman/Quality? That is only true if you look at the price verses AVERAGE lifetime of product and that would be true if they had a long lifetime. Look at the number of posts for people needing help in the Craftsman section. The only one that beats them in JD. Craftsman lawn products are built for Joe home owner who wants something to maintain his yard at a low cost. He thinks that if it has the Craftsman name on it, they will back it just like their hand tools. Anyone in the repair business will tell you that they see more of these units than the other brand names. The less than 1% of you out there that religiously maintain your equipment, will get a longer lifespan out of you Craftsman equipment, but Craftsman gives very little room for error in maintenance, which the average buyer normally exceeds, which causes an early death. Being in the repair business, I like to see Craftsman units come in. I have a chance to educate the customer on maintenance procedures, get a new customer, pay a few bills and/or receive a good engine and have the scrapyard pay me for the frame. I win either way. My question is, if Craftsman is such a quality piece of equipment, why don't they make it easier for the customer to get service on their products? At the present time the customer has two choices. 1. Take it to a regional service center at the customers expense. That could be 100 miles away. 2. Bring it to the local repair shop, where they will be charged more, because it is not the brand the store sells. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. It's just that some of us know how to extend the life of a lower end product.

Thanks, Rivets, for a mechanic's point of view. You said the only one that beats Craftsman in John Deere. What riding mower brand you you trust? It will help me decide what riding mower I get if I ever decide to get one.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Right now I am in limbo. Was a Toro man, but their quality went down and after this year they are no longer selling tractors. With so many being manufactured by MTD and Husqvarna, (two brands that I feel are low quality) I hope to keep my 15 year old Toro going for a while. As I said, you get what you pay for. I like the G-series and FZ-series Kubota, but they are $$$$. Simplicity looks good, but I am watching closing to see if B&S keep the old quality up. Same holds true for Ariens. Just my opinion.

de dee

Threads
Got a promotional email from Sears.com last night telling me about a great deal on this certain model.

I am not interested, who wants to buy from somebody who is obviously lying about the actual turning capability of their merchandise? I think they should be prosecuted for false advertising. Maybe I should print out the ad and take it to the local Sears store and ask the store associates to prove the claim is true...:rolleyes:

yes my van stops on a dime also,. er 145 feet from 100 km.per hour, biggest dime ever,.