Craftsman 6.0hp idle low

bmark0610

Threads
I just cleaned carb out on my old craftsman, It's has to be a 2000's model? It's never run better, but the idle just now runs too low! If i go into went grass it really bogs down! I tightened up the screw with the spring on the side (circled) and it runs better, but still low. It i manually open up the carb or whatever that thing is beside the screw (look at the arrow) with my thumb it really sounds good... So what did I do wrong when putting back together??

carb01.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you tried the rod in the other hole?

bmark0610

Threads
I put the pin in the other hole and it seems to run at a much better rpm. But I had to thread that screw in all the way still...

What causes this??

Everything was put back the exact same way as before I took it apart...

Blaine B.

Threads
He has the throttle rod in the correct hole on the throttle itself.

Perhaps he needs to adjust the governor.

He adjusted the idle but that won't necessarily help when bogging down.

The throttle linkage should also attach in the top hole in the governor arm, with the tension spring in the hole directly beneath it.

bmark0610

Threads
come again?

He has the throttle rod in the correct hole on the throttle itself.

Perhaps he needs to adjust the governor.

He adjusted the idle but that won't necessarily help when bogging down.

The throttle linkage should also attach in the top hole in the governor arm, with the tension spring in the hole directly beneath it.

Blaine B.

Threads
The governor arm sticks out of the motor behind the air filter. If you loosen the screw, you can adjust the governor.

I am bettering that you need to do that. I had to do it on another Craftsman mower (Tecumseh 6.75) recently after cleaning the carb.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
One would be amazed over the improved running of the engine with a new air filter....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are trying to mow into tall grass at idle, that is 1 problem, but doing anything with a totally clogged air filter is another, so you need to reconnect and clarify things a bit.