Competition

LoCo86

Threads
Lol then they call me :) I want to make enough to be comfortable. Not interested in getting bigger. Don't want to hire anyone ill fill up my 7am to 4pm with as many houses as I can then stop :)

I get just wanting to be content with working for yourself and by yourself, but what are you going to do when you're 50 years old and can't mow 20 yards a day. I hope you have a good 401K or and IRA or something set up for retirement.

lawnbarbers

Threads
I get just wanting to be content with working for yourself and by yourself, but what are you going to do when you're 50 years old and can't mow 20 yards a day. I hope you have a good 401K or and IRA or something set up for retirement.
lol that's the difference between owning a Lawn Cate business and buying yourself a job

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

My retirement is going to be rental properties. We are looking at one now :) pay them off in 30ish years and when I retire collect rent or sell. My children can have and do what they want with my business :)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

It all depends on when and how you approach the business. I started my business at 50 yrs of age and I'm now 62. There's money to be made in Lawn-care and if you decide at say 20 yrs old that's what you want to do for a living be prepared to work because there's a lot of ups and downs. There are those of us that are content working for ourselves and making enough money to pay the bills and have a little extra to put in our pockets and then there are those that have the greed factor as I call it and can never make enough and will never be happy or content.

jay stortini

Threads
I don't mind competition :) there plenty of lawns to go around. Besides most big companies wouldn't touch my lawns for the same price and most wouldn't do as good a job :) its the kid down the street and the unlicenced jackhole in a Toyota that are my major problems :)
Dude I drive a Toyota would never drive anything else
I am licensed and get along great with all the competition:)

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's not about the Toyota.. it just represents the Joe homeowner who shoves his craftsman mower in the back of his old Toyota and says I can make a buck and doesn't pay taxes and such

BHLC

Threads
It's not about the Toyota.. it just represents the Joe homeowner who shoves his craftsman mower in the back of his old Toyota and says I can make a buck and doesn't pay taxes and such

Haha! My Toy makes me lots of $$$$ hauling my ferris's. Soon to be bobcats!