Cold and Snowing

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is around 50/50. As said no road crews seen here either. Not going anywhere anyways as my truck is still up on the stands. Just lacking fluid now and the engine's fan air duct. Just too cold to mess with 23 yrs old plastics.

Had to use a meat hammer to open my storm door. At least I keep most of frozen out the door's path yesterday. Chickens are all in the bushes up off the ground.

BTW Madison county rarely ever plows the roads or lay down a salt/ice melt solution. OR at least was the 40 yrs I spent down they only plowed the road back in 1993. That when got a road grader hung hi center in front my home at the time. Here they usually lay a liquid salt layer on the main road. But I don't think they even did that this time.

I do know Sunday Huntsville had laid down a layer of this salt on North Parkway.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just went out and try feed my birds (Chickens and Emus). Two places frozen shut so not able to open the doors. And I am nearly able walk across the top of the Snow/Sleet without sinking; I weight 240 lbs so it is already pretty hard just on the yard.

Still no site of the local road crews...I reckon they are awaiting Thursday round of snow/sleet/ice event to hit. Tennessee is getting as bad as Alabama about not clearing the roads.

Lawn Addict
Threads
32* & fixing to drop to 16* overnight. Got just over 1" of snow, here in SE TN..
Today it is dropping to 1*F, currently @ 14* & had almost 3 inches of wet snow. Now frozen like a rock out there.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most roofs would fail with 6" of sleet ?
Yea, we have an 8/12 pitch on new roof a few years ago. Around here most times the snow /ice doesn't last long..

Last edited:

mikehouse

Threads
WoW!!!!! You folks are getting it.But someone mentioned global warming.Used to be snow here in Greensboro, NC by now.Especially by Jan 6th.16° by morning tho.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Crazy weather for sure.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
My thermoniter says it is 4 f roads have been scrape once and they layed down brime on Saturday. I know because I got behind the truck and had to go and wash my SUV to get it off. Just glad there was one open. Have not been out since and not going till it clears. Not going to drive an hour to work in this stuff. Be safe stay warm.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just took my little dog out to do her doggie stuff. Glad when they built this hous they put a 2 foot over hang on the roof. This leaves a mostly 2 foot trail next to the house that is mostly clear where we can walk and not have to walk in the snow.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad when they built this hous they put a 2 foot over hang on the roof. This leaves a mostly 2 foot trail next to the house that is mostly clear where we can walk and not have to walk in the snow.
There ya go..