Export thread

Cold and Snowing

H

hlw49

Here in north middle Tn it is 24 degreese and snowing could get up to 2 or 5 inches tonight and more tomorrow. Lows could be as low a 4 degrees by the middle of the week. Burr hate cold weather but thank goodness for global warming. Hate to think what it would be like if it wasn't for that. LOL

I

ILENGINE

Here in north middle Tn it is 24 degreese and snowing could get up to 2 or 5 inches tonight and more tomorrow. Lows could be as low a 4 degrees by the middle of the week. Burr hate cold weather but thank goodness for global warming. Hate to think what it would be like if it wasn't for that. LOL
Currently -3 right now. About an inch of snow on the ground from earlier in the week.

R

Rivets

You are balmy. Got up to -5, wind chill -25. Shoveled and guzzled with the neighbors all weekend, with 12+” of heavy wet snow, went through 5 gallons of gas. High today +1, but going down to -8 tonight. Tomorrow’s forecast -5 for the high. Prediction is highs in the teens by Friday.

StarTech

StarTech

Look at this way you are getting a few vacation days from your regular work. Since my work is outdoors here I been off for the last two weeks as I refuse to work with metal unless absolutely necessary when it is at freezing or colder. We are here forecast to be in the single digits for lows and just below freezing for the next week. It is the outdoor animals that taking a beating right now.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

25 and holding near Houston... supposed to be in the teens tonight

32* & fixing to drop to 16* overnight. Got just over 1" of snow, here in SE TN..

R

Rivets

Woke up to -10 and wind chill of -30. Saying we should get to -2 today and above 0 tomorrow. Not supposed to get to 32 until next week. Might be able to start ice fishing by the end of the month.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

16f currently

StarTech

StarTech

six inches of mostly sleet and 11F right now. It probably not going any where and more expected Thursday.

dougand3

dougand3

North AL at TN line. We had more sleet than snow. Roads are sheets of ice. 13*F now and 2*F tonight. Local TV drives around filming, saying "We haven't seen any road crews". LOL.
Star, did you get more snow or sleet?

StarTech

StarTech

It is around 50/50. As said no road crews seen here either. Not going anywhere anyways as my truck is still up on the stands. Just lacking fluid now and the engine's fan air duct. Just too cold to mess with 23 yrs old plastics.

Had to use a meat hammer to open my storm door. At least I keep most of frozen out the door's path yesterday. Chickens are all in the bushes up off the ground.

BTW Madison county rarely ever plows the roads or lay down a salt/ice melt solution. OR at least was the 40 yrs I spent down they only plowed the road back in 1993. That when got a road grader hung hi center in front my home at the time. Here they usually lay a liquid salt layer on the main road. But I don't think they even did that this time.

I do know Sunday Huntsville had laid down a layer of this salt on North Parkway.

StarTech

StarTech

Just went out and try feed my birds (Chickens and Emus). Two places frozen shut so not able to open the doors. And I am nearly able walk across the top of the Snow/Sleet without sinking; I weight 240 lbs so it is already pretty hard just on the yard.

Still no site of the local road crews...I reckon they are awaiting Thursday round of snow/sleet/ice event to hit. Tennessee is getting as bad as Alabama about not clearing the roads.

32* & fixing to drop to 16* overnight. Got just over 1" of snow, here in SE TN..
Today it is dropping to 1*F, currently @ 14* & had almost 3 inches of wet snow. Now frozen like a rock out there.

S

SeniorCitizen

Most roofs would fail with 6" of sleet ?

Most roofs would fail with 6" of sleet ?
Yea, we have an 8/12 pitch on new roof a few years ago. Around here most times the snow /ice doesn't last long..

mikehouse

mikehouse

WoW!!!!! You folks are getting it.But someone mentioned global warming.Used to be snow here in Greensboro, NC by now.Especially by Jan 6th.16° by morning tho.

Crazy weather for sure.

H

hlw49

My thermoniter says it is 4 f roads have been scrape once and they layed down brime on Saturday. I know because I got behind the truck and had to go and wash my SUV to get it off. Just glad there was one open. Have not been out since and not going till it clears. Not going to drive an hour to work in this stuff. Be safe stay warm.

H

hlw49

Just took my little dog out to do her doggie stuff. Glad when they built this hous they put a 2 foot over hang on the roof. This leaves a mostly 2 foot trail next to the house that is mostly clear where we can walk and not have to walk in the snow.

Glad when they built this hous they put a 2 foot over hang on the roof. This leaves a mostly 2 foot trail next to the house that is mostly clear where we can walk and not have to walk in the snow.
There ya go..

R

Rivets

Woke up to -2 wind chill -14. High today +14 if we’re lucky. Forecast snow tonight and if things continue to improve we should get above freezing on Monday. Haven’t seen that since last Wednesday. Three blowers waiting to be worked on, but won’t heat the shop until it’s above freezing.

StarTech

StarTech

Boy I am used to Tennessee clearing the roads but not this time around. One land plowed on the state road. County is a solid sheet of ice now. Got freezing rain coming in so things are going to get worst before better. 23F in Huntsville, AL. We are about five colder than that here. Glad the wind is not blowing.

dougand3

dougand3

North AL. Today we're supposed to go above freezing for 1st time in 5 days. I bet this is a once in 50 years event for here. Normally snows 2-8", warms up and can drive safely in 2 days.
Star, may get more freezing rain, coming from Memphis.

StarTech

StarTech

Doug do remember the '93 snow storm. 13" at the airport but I had over 3-4 feet drifts in front my home at the time. Road grader was stuck there for two weeks. County dug a path thru with a front end loader but zig-zagging so drivers kept meeting the middle. lots of cussing. Snow was piled up to over 8 ft after they dug that path.

My Nashville boss at the time tried to have me fired for not going to clients offices when I couldn't get out my own driveway. He was mad at one point I told if he could down and prove that I was lying I would gladly quit. He never showed up but I took pictures just in case.

R

Rivets

Last weekends cold in Wisconsin. This was spotted in northern Wisconsin.
1705622064833.jpeg
1705621957219.jpeg

I thought us dropping to 6* overnight was cold, with freezing rain & snow. You guys have cold..

R

Rivets

I’ve seen snow faces like that when snowmobiling, so I believe the second picture. Those bears were supposedly seen in northern Wisconsin, but I think someone got stuck surfing the internet while stuck inside.

:ROFLMAO: