Center blade no cutting as well as other blade

ff54976

Forum Newbie
Threads
"I have a Snapper zt18440kh-509100 ztr mower. My center blade does cut as well as the others. I leave a small "mohawk" in grass when i mow. I have taken it to a repair shop and they said the only thing they saw was my blade bearing was going out. The problem is that this all started after I got stuck in the mud and I pulled the mower out with my truck but I didn't release the pressure on the hydro's to let the wheels spin freely. I changed the blades the next time i used it and when I putting on the new blade I noticed that the blades were able to be spun by hand where as before they were locked and you could NOT spin them at all unless the mowers on and the pto engaged. So Im trying to figure out what part I messed up for the blades not to be locked when the mowers off and if that caused my center blade to not cut as well or if that was coincidence.

Help on either problem is greatly appreciated!!!!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Deck belt is warn and needs to be replaced.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the belt routing, my bet is that you will find that it is not routed correctly. This may result in the center blade not turning fast enough to cut properly.

ff54976

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put a new deck belt on it 2 months ago and have used the mower 3 times(3 hrs worth). I checked the routing and its right. My belt has a fat flat side and a slightly thinner tapered side does it matter which side is going around the pulleys?

ff54976

Forum Newbie
Threads
ohhh and thoughts on be able to spin the blades by hand now when they used to be lock?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
V goes in this pulley.
pully.jpg
Back of belt rides on this pulley.
idler pulley.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
ohhh and thoughts on be able to spin the blades by hand now when they used to be lock?

I think we are thinking belt is routed wrong or tensioner is not working right.

ff54976

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok thats the way I have it routed. How can I tell if the tensioners need to be replaced?

ff54976

Forum Newbie
Threads
and is the pulley on the pto suppose to spin freely and locked in placed when the mowers off?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
PTO sits still unless engaged. When engaged it spins with engine. When engine is off it sits still.