Buying a forever lawnmower. Lawnmower buying advice.

Threads
Congrats on your new home! Consider the Honda HRX217K6VKA or Toro Recycler 22" Smarts tow for durability and performance. The Craftsman M275 is also a good option. Remember to inspect any used mowers carefully. Happy mowing!

Threads
  • / Buying a forever lawnmower. Lawnmower buying advice.
First bit is correct.
No battery powered anything will reduce the overall pollution of the planet and many will actually make it worse although the actual vector for the pollution may change .

The second part is 100% incorrect global warming is very real and it has been real for decades but those who profit from the warming turned it into a partisan political wedge issue.
Unfortunately the media got carried away with the whole CO2 bit to the point that the bulk of the people believes that if they buy an EV, shove some solar panel on the roof then they can carry on as normal with their profligate ways of over consumption that are the root cause of the problems and I seriously doubt that there will be humans on the planet to celebrate the calendar clocking up 3000 BC .
Back in 72 I sat in the Physics theatre C of the University of New South Wales to listen to a couple of physicist giving a lecture on the greenhouse effect and I can sit here and say every thing they said was likely to happen has happened and is getting worse every year ON AVERAGE which is the bit that the general public are too thick to understand because they think that global warming means that every day has to be hotter than the same day last year and of course that is not how the whole climate works, never has never will and the simple proof of this is how many times have you watched a weather report and the skinny little girlie with oversized breasts perched on 6" heels said "todays temperature was average ".
If you ignore temperature which is weather & not climate then consider heat as energy, which we all know it is , then more heat in the atmosphere = more energy in the atmosphere = stronger & far more violent storms with a higher frequency than "average" & I write this while under flood watch for the second time this year when we have had more than the usual full months worth of rain in a single day.
So January 3 times the normal rain, hence flooded out , February 1/3 the normal rain , March not a drop of rain , April 13" in 2 days , 8" being the average April rainfall and most of that would normally come towards the end of the month
Last year I grew tomatoes for 8 months, normally they will only crop for 4 months
Usually I would be eating my own tomatoes for christmass lunch, this year they have only just started to ripen now .
Those $ 2 Chinese T-shirts you lot like to print messages on have drained the largest fresh water lake on the planet , The Aral Sea which is now a desert and causing salt pollution in Canada, Alaska and to a lesser extent some US border states . And this is having an effect on US & Canadian freshwater fish species as the run off becomes more & more salty .
Thank you for that Bert! The signs are everywhere . . . But we have to look!