Briggs and Stratton V twin electric info needed

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
You will need to connect to a wire that is hot when the key is on and in the crank position, and not hot when the key is off, or you could just dis-able the solenoid.

This is typically labelled 'L' on the ignition switch. Sometimes this is on the spade terminal itself.

Problem is if your old engine did not have a carb solenoid your key switch may not have this function. Check it out and let us know.

Last edited:

wmg2

Threads
You will need to connect to a wire that is hot when the key is on and in the crank position, and not hot when the key is off, or you could just dis-able the solenoid.

What would I do to disable the solenoid? Will do what ever is easiest. Got to get this thing together.

wmg2

Threads
This is typically labelled 'L' on the ignition switch. Sometimes this is on the spade terminal itself.

Problem is if your old engine did not have a carb solenoid your key switch may not have this function. Check it out and let us know.

No carb solenoid on the old engine

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unscrew it from the carb. If it has a black rubber puck on it, take it off. If the solenoid has a steel needle, clip it off with some dikes.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
EngineMan said:
From what I see here, if there is no carb solenoid (no solenoid on old engines) there is nothing to do with the wire, just leave wire alone.

The new engine has a carb solenoid but the old engine didn't. The solenoid will have to be disabled.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The new engine has a carb solenoid but the old engine didn't. The solenoid will have to be disabled.

Sorry I thought that I'd delete that post, when I saw it was wrong...!:confused2:

wmg2

Threads

A little slow here still unclear as to what I have to do to disable the solenoid?

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Unscrew it from the carb. If it has a black rubber puck on it, take it off. If the solenoid has a steel needle, clip it off with some dikes.

Follow Fish's instruction as per quote. They are spot on.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
carb_solenoid.JPG

Look at the photo above to see what Fish is telling you to do. Your solenoid may look different but the modification is the same

wmg2

Threads
View attachment 17077

Look at the photo above to see what Fish is telling you to do. Your solenoid may look different but the modification is the same

Trying to up load a picture of my solenoid hope it works. Put new plugs in, carb kit, cleaned carb in tank with cleaner. Engine will run if I feed gas through the carb but will not continue to run. Seems to enough fuel getting to the carb. The fuel pump works. Have tried with the solenoid hooked up and with out hooking up. If I feed fuel through the carb the engine runs both ways, hooked and unhooked. At a loss gas does not seem to be getting through the carb.

Attachments

• IMG_00000068.jpg
    IMG_00000068.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10