briggs 6hp ohv

grim1

Threads
Hello and good afternoon to you. I am still trying to get my head around this machine. What I can tell you is this. I have contacted Briggsbits in the hope their technical might be able to help me locate the issue but they never got back to me after I emailed them photos at their request. No matter what I do, the control cable does not move the carb throttle. I have checked and re checked my linkages as per the few others I have been able find and the part numbers match mine too. I just get the feeling I am missing something very obvious here. As luck would have it, or not, I actually have another intek engine a similar size on a masport mower but unfortunately this one has the air vane auto choke on it so isn't much use to me. To remind, I have the primer type with no choke and no air vane which should be very easy to fix but no it isn't happening. The mower will fire up first go without an issue but I have no control of the engine remotely which is a pain because this mower has self drive too. I've checked the control plate above the governor and that moves fine when I use the remote cable but there is no connection to the carb except the governor spring which in turn connects to the governor rod and goes back to the governor arm. The spring is also brand new. One thing I did notice which may or may not be useful to know is that when the governor arm is moved the tension on its spring changes very little and that part of the control plate moves more side to side than forward and back? Please guys its driving me crazy!