Blade Removal Tool

Kwelhand

Threads
41j5xE4SCxL.jpg

I use Dewalt 1/2" cordless impact.
Extremely compact and very powerful.
Used on heavy rusted blade bolt removal w/ no problem.

Amazon.com: DEWALT DCF880B 20-Volt Li-Ion 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench Kit with Detent Pin: Home Improvement

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow all these fancy tools and I just use a 2x4 wedged between the blade and deck. It has never not worked on any mower with a blade.

When you make a living doing repairs one thing is needed, Tools.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow all these fancy tools and I just use a 2x4 wedged between the blade and deck. It has never not worked on any mower with a blade.
That's the reason I built the blade blocker. The 2x4 never wanted to stay where I put it until pressure was applied and I got tired of chasing it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's the reason I built the blade blocker. The 2x4 never wanted to stay where I put it until pressure was applied and I got tired of chasing it.

Well I never thought about it like that. I have to use 2 hands in awkward places to get started.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I never thought about it like that. I have to use 2 hands in awkward places to get started.

The center blade is a pain in the butt. Trying to hold the 2x4 while getting the wrench on.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found it to be easy on the rt. and center blades of a 3 blade and on the left blade position the blade 90° to tractor length and put the blocker extended out to the center by feel or visually install through the discharge chute. You'll soon find what works best for you and your mower.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I found it to be easy on the rt. and center blades of a 3 blade and on the left blade position the blade 90° to tractor length and put the blocker extended out to the center by feel or visually install through the discharge chute. You'll soon find what works best for you and your mower.

I think I have just got tired of changing blades every few days.

I still like to sharping them but removing and putting them on have become a chore to me.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use my foot to hold blades. On walk behind I simply put my foot in the way while i loosen the bolt. On 2 blade models you can usually use a wrench ok the pulley above the blade. On three blade I put my foot in the way and use a long wrench to loosen.

LoCo86

Threads
I was told that when reinstalling the blades to make a "H" with the blades, by that I mean running the two outside blades from front to back and the middle blade running from side to side. I was told that it helps with the circulation of the clipping under the deck before being discharged and that it helps the striping effect. Anyone else heard of this. I've been doing it for years and it seems to work or it could just be in my head.