Best tractor to start out!

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
I mentioned this in another thread- but my folks used to own a store in a small town - this local guy had a JD tractor, large trailer which had a push mower, weed wacker, leaf blower and a couple gas cans- he just drove it down the sidewalks yard to yard - basically all he did during the summers.

I used to mow my folks yard ( 2 acres) and then load up my yard trailer with extra gas cans and a cooler, then run over and mow the neighbors yard ( 2 doors over) which was about 3 acres - i had a 92 white LT12 with a 42" deck.

Down here i used to mow the neighbors yard and had to squeeze thru a gate - my tractors with 38" decks fit with like a 1/4" gap each side - not much room, but it did fit thru.

Id definitely mesure gates, might have to resort to a push mower , but id stick with a wider deck to mow yards faster.

For a trailer, depends what you plan on bringing with you - most metal trailers with sides arent that large ( large ones are exspensive) - i did get a trailer from harbor freight for like $70 - paint has faded on it and i swapped a set of lawntractor wheels with berings in them on it - my nephew gave me his larger yard trailer ( longer) - i had to get an axle and find another set of tractor wheels for it.

Might actually pay to build your own , some steel angle, plywood or expanded metal for the bottom, couple racks to hold weed wacker n stuff - id either use a set of bering hubbed lawntractor front wheels or get a trailer axle - be easier to roll, hold more weight.

Id definitely haul a cooler , maybe a large 5 gal water jug as well - can grab a cold drink, something to munch on or stop for lunch when you want, some gloves , couple rags/towels ( check oil, wipe your face/head off).

More things you might want to think about - a spare supply of regular maintenence parts - belts, oil plugs , grease, blades, mandrels couple tubes or spare tires, maybe even a spare deck.

Threads
I had the same problem last year I'm 15 I got a simplicity regent 14hydro they are like $400 I now have 13 accounts and used it on every one since the beginning of this year. It has a 38 inch cut so fits through gates and has a great turning radius. I live in a the small town of brown deer and I pull my br600 backpack blower and my fs74 trimmer in a 15 cubic foot dumpcart. I also ride my mower on the street, it's kind of slow but the bright orange paint helps cars see you. Hope it goes good.