Bagger

BudVanBeer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the Bagger really need the "Bagger Blade"?? Is the Bagger primarily for leaves, not grass?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bud
What are you asking ?
for which mower ?
And what deck ?

You need energy to toss those clippings up a long chute & into the bags
The energy is provided by the wind generated by the flutes ( sails to some ) on the ends of the blades
Dedicated bagging blades are always high lift blades
The exception is when the bagger has a fan with it

How long is a piece of string ?
Usually anything under 44" will toss up with blade force
Larger decks than that need a blower .

BudVanBeer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply, Bert. I guess it was a pretty vague post...
I have an L110 with the 42" deck. I recently putchased a used bagger system.
The day before I got the bagger I had cut my lawn (timing is everything!) After installing the system I went out and drove over the clippings and was satisfied with the way it picked up the grass. I cut my lawn yesterday about a week & a half later and very little had been deposited into the two bags and thus my question about the leaves.
I just returned from my garage where I scraped the underside of the deck hoping that a little less turbulence will help the process next week...we'll see...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will need to fit high lift blades if you do not have them already
It is a big ask to make the grass travel all the way up the chute and into the bags
To work properly the join between the bagger chute & deck has to be almost air tight so all of the wind goes up the chute .
In the old days when they made dedicated decks a throwing deck would have the outlet towards the front & bagging decks had the hole near the back with a large opening in the top fo the deck where throwing decks have the hole almost wholy in the side