Export thread

Bagger

B

BudVanBeer1

Does the Bagger really need the "Bagger Blade"?? Is the Bagger primarily for leaves, not grass?

B

bertsmobile1

Bud
What are you asking ?
for which mower ?
And what deck ?

You need energy to toss those clippings up a long chute & into the bags
The energy is provided by the wind generated by the flutes ( sails to some ) on the ends of the blades
Dedicated bagging blades are always high lift blades
The exception is when the bagger has a fan with it

How long is a piece of string ?
Usually anything under 44" will toss up with blade force
Larger decks than that need a blower .

B

BudVanBeer1

Thanks for your reply, Bert. I guess it was a pretty vague post...
I have an L110 with the 42" deck. I recently putchased a used bagger system.
The day before I got the bagger I had cut my lawn (timing is everything!) After installing the system I went out and drove over the clippings and was satisfied with the way it picked up the grass. I cut my lawn yesterday about a week & a half later and very little had been deposited into the two bags and thus my question about the leaves.
I just returned from my garage where I scraped the underside of the deck hoping that a little less turbulence will help the process next week...we'll see...

B

bertsmobile1

You will need to fit high lift blades if you do not have them already
It is a big ask to make the grass travel all the way up the chute and into the bags
To work properly the join between the bagger chute & deck has to be almost air tight so all of the wind goes up the chute .
In the old days when they made dedicated decks a throwing deck would have the outlet towards the front & bagging decks had the hole near the back with a large opening in the top fo the deck where throwing decks have the hole almost wholy in the side