B&S 31C707-0154-E1 carb ?

unioncreek

Threads
I just finished overhauling the engine listed in the subject line. The only thing I haven't done yet is the carb, engine runs good at full throttle, but a little rough at idle. I know the bottom of the throttle shaft is oblong, but I haven't checked the hole in the carb to see if it's out worn out. I believe the carb is a Walbro, but need to pull it off and check the back side of the carb.
My question is should I buy a carb off eBay or rebuild this one?

Thanks,
Bob

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That engine comes with two carbs. A Walbro and a Nikki. If it was me I would attempt to rebuild a Walbro carb, but replace a Nikki carb. My luck with rebuilding a Nikki carb is not one I am proud of, so I usually replace them, but I always call the customer first, as replacing can get very expensive. Just my opinion.

unioncreek

Threads
Sorry it took so long for an update. The carb is a Walbro. I decided to try making a throttle shaft, so I found some 1/4" brass rod in my scrap bin. Chucked it up in the lathe after getting a good measurement on the old shaft. It's lucky that I have a small lathe and mill. I was able to get the top plate in the correct rotation and the mower runs like new.

Bob

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bob,
Did you peen over the end of the bolts on the butterfly ?
They have a bad habit of falling out and you know where they end up .