Ariens MaxZoom 2560 - Weak Reverse

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
How many hours on meter if equipped? What year is mower? Have you ever changed the hydro oil and filters?
If you remove charge pump cover, you will have to drain most of the oil. There is an O-ring that seals the cover. Unless it is really leaking, I wouldn’t worry about it. Sounds like hydrostatic transaxle internal parts may be worn and causing weak reverse movement. You would not know unless you remove entire transaxle and open it up (big job).

bullet bob

Threads
Yes, around the disengage levers. However, I don't have the notches, just a slight 'release' when it goes that little extra. Good luck sir. Let us know what you find out!
Around the disengage levers?

When I pull mine out as far as I could by hand there is a notch on the bottom that keeps them extended. What bothers me is there is no resistance to pull out at all. All the way to the notch. When I try to pull further it is dead stop. So much so I am afraid of breaking something. When I go to fix the charge pump I want a closer look to the actual arm that disengages it.

SJMaye

Threads
The parts arrived and I have them installed. To clarify- Like many ZTR mowers, mine has two hydrostatic drives. Both are connected to a single external reservoir that feeds them. I should have clarified that the leaking charge pump cover was on one drive and the other drive is the one with the weak reverse.

After installation I remove the fill level plug on the leaking drive, removed the fill level plug, refilled the reservoir and waited for the some to bleed out. After that I performed the air purge procedure several times. I never was able to pull the dump valve lever out further. I pulled it to the notch and did the air purge.

I am happy to report the leaking has stopped and both drives perform the same in reverse. Neither will set the woods on fire, but they are working about the same. Many thanks for your help!