About the steering system.

Bange

Threads
There is a little play on the axles of the wheels, I saw some replacing the bushings with ball bearings... would anyone know how to tell me the number of such a bearing?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF you are referring to Hus 532009040 wheel then yes there are several bearing options. Some are flange bushings and some are flange ball versions. There is even a roller bearing on the following list. They are for the 3/4 spindle and a wheel hub that is 1-3/8". You have google each part number to see which you are interested in.
1687728094501.png

Gord Baker

Threads
There is a little play on the axles of the wheels, I saw some replacing the bushings with ball bearings... would anyone know how to tell me the number of such a bearing?
Your Rack is badly worn (sharp teeth) and you likely also need a new Sector Gear and Bushing.

Bange

Threads

StarTech

Show! But in the video I saw, it wasn't a replacement kit... it was common bearings, which are much cheaper around here.
m_rolamento comum.jpg
I'll take the measurements and see if there is direct replacement or needs adaptation.

As for the needle axials, I have a doubt if they are efficient for a long time, because as they are open (without any protection against dirt), they should damage in a short time.
m_rolamento axial de agulha.jpg

Last edited:

Bange

Threads
Your Rack is badly worn (sharp teeth) and you likely also need a new Sector Gear and Bushing.
I agree, but since it is not jumping and the gap is still acceptable, the exchange will be for later.
The most important thing for the moment was to give a lot of stability to the plate sector, which was rocking... with the screw I put in, it was very firm.
1687784278705.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

StarTech

Show! But in the video I saw, it wasn't a replacement kit... it was common bearings, which are much cheaper around here.
View attachment 65393
I'll take the measurements and see if there is direct replacement or needs adaptation.

As for the needle axials, I have a doubt if they are efficient for a long time, because as they are open (without any protection against dirt), they should damage in a short time.
View attachment 65394
Those should be at least the snap ring version. But the closest metric snap ring bearing is too large. The flange ones are better design. The snag ring or flange keeps the bearings from slipping inside the rim mounting hole.

I use the XIKE version here which are about 4.87 each.

3/4 x 1-3/8 and 1/2 to 7/16 wide.
1687792704143.png

Attachments

• 1687792671822.png
    1687792671822.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 0

Gord Baker

Threads
I agree, but since it is not jumping and the gap is still acceptable, the exchange will be for later.
The most important thing for the moment was to give a lot of stability to the plate sector, which was rocking... with the screw I put in, it was very firm.
View attachment 65398
I believe that Bolt should have always been there. A Shoulder type bolt on the ones I repaired.
Good photos. I believe those Torrington bearings for king pins would last a long time and even if dirty would assist steering.

Bange

Threads
In the B&S/Murray diagram, the screw does not exist.
Maybe on other models...

1687800437216.png

I don't see how the Torringtons last long as they are open.
It is possible that in light use, like golf turf, they last a little longer.

Bange

Threads

StarTech​

Yes, replacing it with an upgrade is the best indication, but this is another world...either they are not available or they are very expensive...I'll take advantage of the fact that I have my hand in the dough and measure it, because I'm not sure of the nothing originality in this tractor.

Gord Baker

Threads
View attachment 65398
I believe that Bolt should have always been there. A Shoulder type bolt on the ones I repaired.
Good photos. I believe those Torrington bearings would last a long time and even if dirty would assist steering.