About the steering system.

Bange

Threads
Well, trying to solve the excess wheel spin (L/R), I already adjusted the end limit (which is now done in the plate sector, before it was at the end of the gear), adjusted the length of the drags, corrected the alignment and recovered the excess play in a drag, I saw the need to change the front wheel axle bushings... but the excess turning (L/R) continues...

I put temporary limiters on the spindle ears, but it seems to force the drag pivots...
m_20230613_154149.jpgm_20230613_154139.jpg

I think it's better to put it on the sector plate support... what do you think?
1686684033140.png

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep put them on the fan gear .
The whole tight turn was a bad idea from day one , causes a lot of steering problems which pushes more towards ZTR's the very thing it was introduced to counter .

Bange

Threads
I don't understand fan gear?!?!
Are you against the location I chose or the idea of limiting the curve?

kjonxx

Threads
I believe
I ended up taking advantage of that hole in the plate sector.
I made a bushing, crossed by a screw plus a wide washer and another pressure washer.
View attachment 65025View attachment 65026
Now the plate sector doesn't wobble and there's only looseness between the gears... it's excellent.

However, when I align the sector plate, the wheels are slightly to the left, as is the steering wheel.
View attachment 65030View attachment 65029

I'll have to change the geometry of the Spindle Asm. RH/LH).
I thought or believe that the hole in the center is for centering the sector when putting pinion gear on steering shaft. This picture with bolt will not allow it to move. Am i wrong?

Freddie21

Threads
To align the steering straight. Remove the pinion gear from the bottom of the steering shaft, mark the ceter tooth of the large gear , place the steering wheel straight and while keeping this all in position put the pinion gear back on.

Gord Baker

Threads
Nothing goes in that hole. You need to adjust both tie rods, as I’ll bet your wheel have major toe out. Also check to make sure the sector plate bushing and steering shaft bushings are is in good condition. If they are worn or the teeth are worn the gears will jump.
There is often a Shoulder Bolt there that supports the rack and slides in that slot.

Bange

Threads
Exactly...JD was my inspiration.... 👍

Bange

Threads
Today I completed the steering wheel rotation limitation... it is stopping with +- 1/4 of a turn before the previous end... in the sector plate 4 teeth before the end.
m_20230625_115700.jpgm_20230625_115632.jpg

It worked very well... it's not forcing the draglink pivots, because the limit is now in the plate sector itself.

I also made some adjustments to the cradle of the Axle Asm.(Front) eliminating gaps caused by some previous crash.
Ajuste na suspensão dianteira.jpg