42" vs 50" cut quality?

jay stortini

Threads
Ok, and how is adjusting that gonna help hive me a better cut? And yes the blades stop when I let go of the clutch handle so that works fine:) am I missing something? How would adjusting that hep and once explained how can I go about adjusting? Just a little confused on this one thank you in advance if you have haloed me discover a way to make my toro cut nicer??

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
Ok, and how is adjusting that gonna help hive me a better cut? And yes the blades stop when I let go of the clutch handle so that works fine:) am I missing something? How would adjusting that hep and once explained how can I go about adjusting? Just a little confused on this one thank you in advance if you have haloed me discover a way to make my toro cut nicer

Yeah I don't get that, either.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bbc? The dealer put a tack on it and said that I don't want it any higher or I could run into problems that's after another lawn care cut in my area used some pliers to put a little more tension on the governor which helped a bit but still not fantastic:/

The BBC is the Blade Brake Clutch, it engages the blade belt and if that tension is off or the belt is lose the blades wont spin at the right speed. I had to replace the BBC belt on my Turf Master because it had stretched and the blades lost there speed. The blades were still cutting but it was a lousy cut. I'm not sure but it sounds like your dealer checked the engine rpm. If you remove the belt cover access panel in the front you can look at the belt in the back it hooks to the drum pulley with the mower NOT running have someone engage the blades and make sure that belt is good and tight, if it's sloppy adjust it or take it to your dealer to be replaced or adjusted.

jay stortini

Threads
Interesting:) thank you I will talk to my dealer about that. Cheers?