$29 Cab

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Nice work. If you have a GMAW (MIG) welder with .023 solid wire and gas conduit isn't too hard to weld. Mine goes down to 24 gauge metal.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nice work. If you have a GMAW (MIG) welder with .023 solid wire and gas conduit isn't too hard to weld. Mine goes down to 24 gauge metal.

I am still in the stone ages with my buzz box welder and would burn up 24 gauge. I do get by with the heavier welding. If I was younger and thought I would use it, and learn to use it, I think I would invest in one.

fastback

Threads
I hear you. I also have Mig, stick and gas if necessary. I think my concern would not be the welding but the integraty of the joint. Electrical conduit is relatively thin and might rip over time due to vibrations etc. I don't think that there are as many vibratons when you use the snow blower, but with a plow its the banging and sudden stops that might affect the joints or conduit. I know the weld itself will hold its the metal that I am concerned about. I am thinking of using a 1-inch square tubing with a wall thickness of 1/8 inch or better.