26hp Craftsman Gt Repower clutch problems

Boreasy2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, Brand new-30 minute run time, also, I finally gained the nerve today to look at it and not shoot it and found that it's seized up, but no holes in the block, no pieces missing, but a really nasty burnt oil/rubber smell. Any Ideas?

Boreasy2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, Sorry, it's been awhile, between work and the wife in the hospital I haven't even looked at it. I need to know what manual would guide me through a tear-down. I went to B&S website and they don't list a manual for the (30HP) 49M800 series engines. It is seized, and still has oil in it(oil @ add mark) there are no visible holes or cracks in the block. And it looks like Permatex (not gasket material) sticking out of the sump-brown semi-transparent.

gainestruk

Threads
You better not open engine up, since it is new take to Briggs dealer.
If you touch it they might not warranty the engine !

Boreasy2

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, no problem already did that. One said they'd get to it in a couple of months, because they were busy with 'real' work. And the other one 30 miles away actually looked at it before refusing to honor the warranty because the engine fan has a Husqvarna icon on it- and its installed in a craftsman GT tractor. Yes he was serious, an yes I have given up, I'll tear it down and fix it myself.