2017 Exmark Lazer Z Model: LZX740EKC526T0 EFI Mower Will Not Start - No Clicks.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2017 Exmark Lazer Z Model: LZX740EKC526T0 EFI Mower Will Not Start - No Clicks.
Terminal A key in off position: 0v
key in on position: 2.2v
key in run position: 0v

Terminal I key in off position: 0v
key in on and run position: 2v

Terminal R key in off position: 0v
key in on and run position: 2v
Okay so I retested this and found that the guy I had helping me had his probe on the negative terminal while I tested the voltages at the key switch. Here are the correct voltages for the A, I, and R terminals.
A: off - 12.5v
on - 10.5v
run - 12.5v

I: off - 12.5v
on -10.7v
run - 10.7v

R: off - 12.5v
on - 10.5v
run - 10.5v

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / 2017 Exmark Lazer Z Model: LZX740EKC526T0 EFI Mower Will Not Start - No Clicks.
Something not right about you testing as "A", "I", and "R" all should be ZERO volts in the off position provided you were reference frame ground. And there is a huge voltage drop going here too as if you got a bad connection which hint at by that click click sound and then nothing.

Try explaining what you did to get the last set of voltages.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally found the problem with this mower. all it turned out to be was that the wires going into the fuse block were a little loose.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That's why I was about doing a voltage drop from the positive post to the "B' terminal on the ignition switch with in the run position. It should had shown intermittent voltage problem.

But at least you hit on the problem. And yes I have seen fuse holders to give problems which is why I stock a few of the different ones here.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's why I was about doing a voltage drop from the positive post to the "B' terminal on the ignition switch with in the run position. It should had shown intermittent voltage problem.

But at least you hit on the problem. And yes I have seen fuse holders to give problems which is why I stock a few of the different ones here.
Where do you get the fuse blocks for Exmarks? I called my dealer, and he said I would have to buy the whole wire harness, but I don't want to pay $200 for a piece of plastic haha.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think this is the holder but note no terminals are included.

32160-258​

1709825473428.png1709825505655.png
Now it does look that Aptiv (F56) female terminals are used but not sure as I haven't personally seen this fuse holder.

22R

Threads
I had a similar issue with my 2003 Exmark. Turns out the Terminal connector from the engine to the wire harness had degraded causing a bad connection. I was able to buy a ne connector and repin or I could have just spliced the 4 wires. Sounds like you a bad connection somewhere. I think I get a big click if the interlocks are holding me out but not certain from memory.
best of luck

Freddie21

Threads
I agree with StarTech, you must have 12v at the B terminal for anything to work. Test at the connector with the connector unplugged from the switch. Not having the wiring diagram for your model, you'll have to back trace from the B wire to the Pos battery. There may be fuses, switches and\or relays in the path. I don't think you have a shorted to ground wire as it would drain the battery, but you may have a pinched open wire.

5424H

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member here looking for any help I can get.

I tested the battery, key switch, starter/solenoid, and fuses on this mower, and all are perfectly fine. When you turn the key switch to "on" the display screen goes blank and none of the safety switch indicators even show up on the display screen. When turned to "start" there is no click from the solenoid, clunk from the starter, or anything.
I do not have much experience with EFI mowers at all and am completely lost with this.

Thanks,
Nate
For what it is worth, I had this same issue with my LS4041 utility tractor. Tried everything over a period of 10 days, even bought a new starter for it ($450). Every time I turned the switch on, all indicators went blank and no starting noise. Turns out, that when I recently bought a new battery I thought I should replace the corroded battery cable connectors and I bought some cheap ones at the auto store off the rack. Ordered new connectors and replaced the battery cables at the same time. Fixed all my problems for $30. When I bought the cheap ones at the auto store I thought to myself "these don't feel right but they are brand new." The old saying still applies, check your pecker tracks.

Gord Baker

Threads
Connect a known Good Battery to the Starter. + cable to big lug on Starter, Last connection to good Ground on Frame. Starter should rotate. Perhaps try jumpers on all 'safety' switches (3-4).