2017 Exmark Lazer Z Model: LZX740EKC526T0 EFI Mower Will Not Start - No Clicks.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2017 Exmark Lazer Z Model: LZX740EKC526T0 EFI Mower Will Not Start - No Clicks.
New member here looking for any help I can get.

I tested the battery, key switch, starter/solenoid, and fuses on this mower, and all are perfectly fine. When you turn the key switch to "on" the display screen goes blank and none of the safety switch indicators even show up on the display screen. When turned to "start" there is no click from the solenoid, clunk from the starter, or anything.
I do not have much experience with EFI mowers at all and am completely lost with this.

Thanks,
Nate

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / 2017 Exmark Lazer Z Model: LZX740EKC526T0 EFI Mower Will Not Start - No Clicks.
Try this. With a fully charged the battery connect your volt meter across the battery and measure voltage. Now try starting the engine. With the key in the start position measure voltage across the battery again. If the th voltage drops below 10.5VDC your battery is bad and needs to be replaced.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I tried this in hopes that it would be such an easy fix, but the battery tested fine

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now you will have to check each of the safety switches. At least one is not working properly, not allowing current to get from the key switch to the solenoid.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is what I thought at first, but normally, the screen will still have something displayed. I have 2 other Exmarks, so i went out and tested them, leaving one of the safety switches off each time to see if i could narrow it down that way, but the screen never completely went blank. Would this have anything to do with the RED CPU under the control panel possibly?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First check for blown fuse. Then check that the 12V is present on the "A", "B" and "I" terminals of the ignition switch in the run position.
1709643400131.png1709643552417.png

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Terminal A key in off position: 0v
key in on position: 2.2v
key in run position: 0v

Terminal I key in off position: 0v
key in on and run position: 2v

Terminal R key in off position: 0v
key in on and run position: 2v

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then what the "B" voltage in these positions? You have a supplied voltage problem, now just got where it is dropping out and what is causing. Just more troubleshooting ahead.

golfcartNF

Forum Newbie
Threads
The "B" voltage is the same as the "I" and "R" voltage.
While testing this though, when I turned the key to "run" i got a faint "click click" from the mower, but it only happened once. I tried turning the key 4 or 5 more times and it didn't happen again.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay let's try a voltage drop test. Place one meter lead on the positive battery post (not the cable end) and the other on the "B" terminal and have the switch in run position. You be reading near zero volts. If you get something quite a bit higher then either battery post cable is dirty or the cable is faulty. It also could a faulty ground that is causing the problem which in case you try testing the same way except you test from the negative post to engine crankcase. Again you should find near zero volts. Anything else would indicate a grounding issue.

Meanwhile I'm off to the bank and recycle center this morning.