20 hp v-twin only runs on one cylinder

Beel61

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a Tecumseh Enduro VT 20hp...............is it that hard to believe it has 2 carbs ???

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well who would farkin know?????

So you are going to finally drop another crumb/clue???? Thanks for that, we all enjoy jumping through these stupid hoops!!!!!! Can you at least give us up a spec number,
or should we be thrilled that you allowed us this much info?????

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Naw, do not waste any of your "research" here.....

briggs

Threads
we need the model number of the engine to help u out :confused2:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a Tecumseh Enduro VT 20hp...............is it that hard to believe it has 2 carbs ???

Your mower and you know what it has I don't. Dose it have two intake manifolds? Now did you check the needle valve in the second carburetor? I don't always worry about model numbers, because I think about pass jobs I have done.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

You have to excuse the people on here. If they do not have one then no one does.

Yes this engine does have 2 carbs.

I have a 27hp with the duel carbs.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I never question the two carburetors because I didn't know. I also work on motorcycles and its very common to have more then one carb. Some time back I worked on a older Gold Wing and it had four carburetors. It s big pain getting them adjusted all the same so it runs right. It would have to be the same for a lawn mower. Never come across more then one carburetor on a mower yet, but not saying I wouldn't. I hope they do away with carburetors all together and go to fuel injection because I think its a lot better system and the engine just runs a lot better. Just think about it carburetors go back to the early 1900's and its time to move on.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I never question the two carburetors because I didn't know. I also work on motorcycles and its very common to have more then one carb. Some time back I worked on a older Gold Wing and it had four carburetors. It s big pain getting them adjusted all the same so it runs right. It would have to be the same for a lawn mower. Never come across more then one carburetor on a mower yet, but not saying I wouldn't. I hope they do away with carburetors all together and go to fuel injection because I think its a lot better system and the engine just runs a lot better. Just think about it carburetors go back to the early 1900's and its time to move on.

I agree fuel Injection engines run much better. Untill you have to buy parts.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree fuel Injection engines run much better. Untill you have to buy parts.

The biggest problem I find with fuel injection is plugged fuel filters or some injection cleaner, other then that they seem trouble free.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The biggest problem I find with fuel injection is plugged fuel filters or some injection cleaner, other then that they seem trouble free.

I forgot about the fuel pump not putting out enough pressure to open the injectors.