1995 John Deere Sabre plowing/mowing

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You found that a blade bolt was stripped so you wire brushed the blade to make it look sharp, then painted it and sold it? Has anyone told you about honesty and liability? If that blade would come off and hurt someone, you would be in a world of hurt. If that is what you call “professional “, I’m seeing someone who doesn’t know the meaning of the word!!!

Threads
You found that a blade bolt was stripped so you wire brushed the blade to make it look sharp, then painted it and sold it? Has anyone told you about honesty and liability? If that blade would come off and hurt someone, you would be in a world of hurt. If that is what you call “professional “, I’m seeing someone who doesn’t know the meaning of the word!!!
I know. I regret it. I felt bad but that was at the beginning of summer and I learned from that and had my parents check my stuff before I sell it. The also said what goes around comes around and I’m sure some day I will end up buying something like that and have a problem with it. if I had that experience again I would not do what I did. But that guy was kind of an as*hole and when he came he said he didn’t have any money so he left to find an atm and he was gone for 1 hour and 45 minutes which messed up our plans

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That type repairs will come back and bite you in the a** sooner or later. That is what I call a fly by night operator. And those gives the rest of us a bad name. It also will give you a bad rep as a crook too.

You been very lucky then as most here requires more work and parts than what buyers here want to pay as they want me to sell them at yard sales prices with a 90 day warranty. No way I selling a push mower for ten dollars after I put in forty dollars of parts and my time. I finally just stop repairing them for resale and just part them out. I make on the parts any way.

And I just repaired an Echo HCS-4020 for $350 because his employee didn't know didn't know the difference between straight and mix fuel.

And in business things never goes your way always. I got customer that try to come as they say but run into problems. But they know my business hours and don't outside them except for a couple drunks which I quickly put back on the road until they sober up somewhat. Not dangerously drunk but when you come to my place at 2 AM you are going be put back on road.

Last edited:

Threads
That type repairs will come back and bite you in the a** sooner or later. That is I call a fly by night operator. And those gives the rest of us a bad name. It also will give you a bad rep as a crook too.

You been very lucky then as most here requires more work and parts than what buyers here want to pay as they want me to sell them at yard sales prices with a 90 day warranty. No way I selling a push mower for ten dollars after I put in forty dollars of parts and my time. I finally just stop repairing them for resale and just part them out. I make on the parts any way.

And I just repaired an Echo HCS-4020 for $350 because his employee didn't know did know the difference straight and mix fuel.
How do you sell them for parts? Do they have to buy the whole thing from you or can they come and take whatever parts they want? I have a few weedwhackers that aren’t worth fixing and a lawnmower too. I don’t know what to do with them

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Part them out, marking the parts with part numbers, put those in inventory, and then used those parts as reclaimed parts on the repaired equipment with my customers approval. Some prefer all new parts so that what they get. It just like some customers accept aftermarket parts and others don't. And those reclaimed parts may take several years to sell too.

The problem is you get a lot of scrape on hand as a lot things just don't get reused. Those goes to the recycler. Right now I got whole load short iron to go the recycler as the PU is back on the road. Had to rebuild the 4L60E transmission. Taking longer to get back in than I expected due to heart problems.

Threads
Ok maybe I will try that. Sorry about your health problems hopefully you can finish rebuilding that transmission

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Done got it back in but had to get the wiring reworked for the neutral safety system. Now getting it and the cross over pipe done it the hold up due freezing temps but I want to double check my wiring first. Which feel worst this year after losing 40lbs and being put on blood thinners. Then I can start putting in the 3 gallons of trans fluid and test before it back down on all fours.

I only went thru 3 HF 800 lb transmission jacks getting this project done. Boy Pittsburgh not making equipment like they use to do. First failed out the box, second one would not hold up a 30 lb concrete block, third failed after the pump rusted up sitting in the shop, and hopefully the fourth will make it later but at least finally got the trans bolt back in place with it.

Threads
Done got it back in but had to get the wiring reworked for the neutral safety system. Now getting it and the cross over pipe done it the hold up due freezing temps but I want to double check my wiring first. Which feel worst this year after losing 40lbs and being put on blood thinners. Then I can start putting in the 3 gallons of trans fluid and test before it back down on all fours.

I only went thru 3 HF 800 lb transmission jacks getting this project done. Boy Pittsburgh not making equipment like they use to do. First failed out the box, second one would not hold up a 30 lb concrete block, third failed after the pump rusted up sitting in the shop, and hopefully the fourth will make it later but at least finally got the trans bolt back in place with it.
That’s because it’s from harbor freight.

Im just saying they have some cheap stuff but I’m not being mean. I shop their too and my dad has got the membership

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think it more to do with the factory downgrading themselves as the Pittsburgh use to be very good line of tools. But of course nothing is the same since Covid hit.